Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

Cool Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/11/ju...html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person.(in the video he told the reporter to not ask that question again.) Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

that a preliminary autopsy report indicated the victim "died from blunt-force head and neck injuries."

Now that is more justice served then you will ever get from a court of law, God I love Texas... NEXT

The dad won't be charged. Self
    Defense Statutes (Texas
    Penal Code)

Deadly Force in
    Defense of Person
    "A person is justified in using deadly force against
    another if he would be justified in using force under
    Section 9.31 of the statute when and to the degree he
    reasonable believes that deadly force is immediately
    necessary to protect himself against the other's use or
    attempted use of unlawful deadly force, if a reasonable
    person in the same situation would have not retreated.
    The use of deadly force is also justified to prevent the
    other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping,
    murder, rape or robbery."
    Last edited by zack991; 06-12-2012 at 07:58 AM.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Another happy ending. Thanks, this brightens my day.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I hope the 4 year old was not injured.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

@ Batousaii, Injured is a relative term here. While there may not have been physical damage, there will be something to deal with later. The sexual assault itself, as well as the possible memory of her father beating the assailant to death. Neither are things that I would personally want to have to deal with as my earliest memories, and I believe the girl may have been a bit older than 4. I would have to check back into it, but I recall there being a correction to that issues recently. Either way, that 4-6 region is where my earliest memories are settled around. I would imagine that others are as well.

I second the happy ending though. I can't think of any other possible outcome to walking up on someone attempting to rape your daughter. Protecting family is job number one, everything else is secondary to that.

Blue, I agree, maybe "I Hope she will be ok" woulda been better. Things like that can be a serious impact to a child's world, and i sincerely hope she will be able to manage through it as she grows.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Activist Member
    This story honestly just brought tears to my eyes. I have two daughters, one is 4 and the other is 1, and I could not imagine what this man is going through or what his young daughter is either. Before you have a child you think you know how strong a father's love is, but you really have no idea. When people say they would jump in front of traffic to save their kid's they mean it with every ounce of morality in them. Setting here watching my 4 year old daughter play and seeing how innocent and helpless she is and could be just breaks my heart for this little girl and her family. The thought of killing this man is probably as far from this man's thoughts as it could be, because I would guarantee all he can think of is what happened to his baby girl. Let's be thankful this man truly got to revenge these evil act's, and pray that him and his daughter and the rest of the family can find the strength to deal with this most horrible act.
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 06-18-2012 at 06:42 PM.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

Being beat to death was way to good for this vermin!
    • Being prepared is to prepare, this is our responsibility.
    • I am not your Mommy or Daddy and do not sugar coat it but I will tell you simply as how I see it, it is up to you on how you will or will not use it.
    • IANAL, all information I present is for your review, do your own homework.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Patriot - the man was caught in the act!
    The question is just how far did he go with the child.
    Dang it JT. The only proper response to that sort of troll nonsense is silence.

I hope the daughter recovers.

The question is, did the father use 'Excessive Force'? I think the father performed admirably; however, a liberal prosecutor running for re-election may make more of this situation.
    "I can live for two weeks on a good compliment."
    ~Mark Twain

Activist Member
    Being as the sheriff specifically said the father acted in self defense then I would assume he is telling the truth. If this man did not act in self defense I would say he would have been arrested. Apparently none of you that are asking if he used excessive force or truly acted in self defense have daughters. Apparently you are not thinking about what is actually involved in a homicide and rape investigation. The daughter would have been sent to the hospital to have a rape examination where they would have determined she was in fact raped. They would question the father and his daughter seperately to see if their stories correalated with one another. Being as all of these things would have been done I can say the sheriff knew what he was saying before he said it. This man beating his daughter's rapist in the head several times is certainly justifiable to stop his TODDLER daughter from being raped and anyone who believes it would be excessive should have their own head checked.
    Last edited by KYGlockster; 06-18-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.

While I applaud the father and his actions, I do feel for the little girl. That is a lot on her plate to deal with. But at least this pervert got what he deserved, which is definitely alot more than some plush stint in a jail somewhere, which is what he would have received had he been arrested.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Not being insensitive - this thread has what to do with OC or RKBA? We could report any and all tragedies of the world, but most would not fit within the parameters of OCDO.

IMO it does not really fit the guidelines as intended for the Social Lounge either, but moving it there at least on a temporary basis.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    Let's be thankful this man truly got to revenge these evil act's, and pray that him and his daughter and the rest of the family can find the strength to deal with this most horrible act.
    I don't think revenge is the correct word for this situation. Retribution comes to mind.
    No man alive can beat me in a fair fight: It's not fair to chase a man down and beat him.

I think he meant to say avenged.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Oh, make no mistake. It's not revenge he's after. It's a reckoning.

Grand jury returned "No true bill". The father will not face charges.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/19...uled-homicide/

It is my fervent prayer that this father and his daughter can move past this traumatic experience and get on with their lives without lasting damage to either one of them.

Can we please not use the phrase "happy ending" when discussing sexual assault?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Not being insensitive - this thread has what to do with OC or RKBA? We could report any and all tragedies of the world, but most would not fit within the parameters of OCDO.

IMO it does not really fit the guidelines as intended for the Social Lounge either, but moving it there at least on a temporary basis.
    How about this? He should have shot the dude.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Fantastic conclusion for the father. I hope the daughter will have a full recovery.

However, now what happens from a civil lawsuit perspective?
    ~Mark Twain

the paper here said that there was forensic evidence found on the 5 year olds body!!!!

the guy got what he deserved, and GOD BLESS the father.

I hope the little girl NEVER remembers!

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Shame on Fox News:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox News
    ...The victim was an "acquaintance" of the father who visited the ranch to help care for some horses...
    NO!!!

The victim was a 5-year old girl, you a-holes!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

Originally Posted by SFCRetired
    ...http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/19...uled-homicide/...
    Shame on Fox News:

Originally Posted by Fox News
    ...The victim was an "acquaintance" of the father who visited the ranch to help care for some horses...
    NO!!!

The victim was a 5-year old girl, you a-holes!
    Agree 100%

This is what happens when the media uses the same template. This is very similar to an AP article. In addition, they indicate at the end of the article the AP contributed to the article. They have no real gumption to be accurate.
    ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Ca Patriot View Post
    All of you who are applauding this fathers actions, did you ever consider that maybe you should wait until there is an actual invesigation to confirm if the girl was in fact molested and if the fathers version of events are truthful ?

NOPE

Okay, carry on.
    One: What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
    Two: According to the report, he was justified.

People like you make me sick.

There are only two words for this thread...

Excessive Force.

Also;

Quote Originally Posted by S&W_Guy View Post
    One: What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
    Two: According to the report, he was justified.

People like you make me sick.
    Since when should we -ever- trust what a police report says?

>Police reports involving OC/CC'ers, investigations into such matters: Bad, evil, hated, dont trust, fight, curse, destroy, etc.
    >Police reports involving free speech, free press; See above.
    >Police reports about lethal violence against someone accused of a criminal act; To hell with innocent until proven guilty, hang them! woo yea! we're so happy he was killed! awesome, plus one for the cops, trust everything the cops has to say about the report/investigation, the cops are right!

No wonder this country is so F-ed up mentally.

/Facepaws; Idiots.

~<3~
    Last edited by DrakeZ07; 06-25-2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: I'm not playing nice anymore.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast