• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff: Father kills man sexually abusing his daughter

zack991

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/11/justice/texas-abuser-killed/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- A Texas father caught a man sexually assaulting his 4-year-old daughter and punched him in the head repeatedly, killing him, authorities said.

The father was casually acquainted with the alleged abuser, said Lavaca County Sheriff Micah Harmon.

Neither has been publicly identified.

The girl was left inside the family's house during the social gathering, while other members of her family were tending to horses, the sheriff said.

The alleged abuser was known for his horse-grooming abilities, Harmon said.

The father returned to the house, caught the man in the act, and stopped him by striking him in the head several times, Harmon said.

The man was pronounced dead on the scene, while the daughter was taken to a local hospital in Victoria, Texas, for examinations before being released.

Asked whether they would press charges against the father, the sheriff responded, "You have a right to defend your daughter. He acted in defense of his third person.(in the video he told the reporter to not ask that question again.) Once the investigation is completed we will submit it to the district attorney who then submits it to the grand jury, who will decide if they will indict him."

that a preliminary autopsy report indicated the victim "died from blunt-force head and neck injuries."

Now that is more justice served then you will ever get from a court of law, God I love Texas... NEXT

The dad won't be charged. Self
Defense Statutes (Texas
Penal Code)

Deadly Force in
Defense of Person
"A person is justified in using deadly force against
another if he would be justified in using force under
Section 9.31 of the statute when and to the degree he
reasonable believes that deadly force is immediately
necessary to protect himself against the other's use or
attempted use of unlawful deadly force, if a reasonable
person in the same situation would have not retreated.
The use of deadly force is also justified to prevent the
other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping,
murder, rape or robbery."

Last edited:

Blueslant

@ Batousaii, Injured is a relative term here. While there may not have been physical damage, there will be something to deal with later. The sexual assault itself, as well as the possible memory of her father beating the assailant to death. Neither are things that I would personally want to have to deal with as my earliest memories, and I believe the girl may have been a bit older than 4. I would have to check back into it, but I recall there being a correction to that issues recently. Either way, that 4-6 region is where my earliest memories are settled around. I would imagine that others are as well.

I second the happy ending though. I can't think of any other possible outcome to walking up on someone attempting to rape your daughter. Protecting family is job number one, everything else is secondary to that.

Batousaii

Blue, I agree, maybe "I Hope she will be ok" woulda been better. Things like that can be a serious impact to a child's world, and i sincerely hope she will be able to manage through it as she grows.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
This story honestly just brought tears to my eyes. I have two daughters, one is 4 and the other is 1, and I could not imagine what this man is going through or what his young daughter is either. Before you have a child you think you know how strong a father's love is, but you really have no idea. When people say they would jump in front of traffic to save their kid's they mean it with every ounce of morality in them. Setting here watching my 4 year old daughter play and seeing how innocent and helpless she is and could be just breaks my heart for this little girl and her family. The thought of killing this man is probably as far from this man's thoughts as it could be, because I would guarantee all he can think of is what happened to his baby girl. Let's be thankful this man truly got to revenge these evil act's, and pray that him and his daughter and the rest of the family can find the strength to deal with this most horrible act.

Last edited:

Ca Patriot

All of you who are applauding this fathers actions, did you ever consider that maybe you should wait until there is an actual invesigation to confirm if the girl was in fact molested and if the fathers version of events are truthful ?

NOPE

Okay, carry on.

Redbaron007

I hope the daughter recovers.

The question is, did the father use 'Excessive Force'? I think the father performed admirably; however, a liberal prosecutor running for re-election may make more of this situation. :banghead:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Being as the sheriff specifically said the father acted in self defense then I would assume he is telling the truth. If this man did not act in self defense I would say he would have been arrested. Apparently none of you that are asking if he used excessive force or truly acted in self defense have daughters. Apparently you are not thinking about what is actually involved in a homicide and rape investigation. The daughter would have been sent to the hospital to have a rape examination where they would have determined she was in fact raped. They would question the father and his daughter seperately to see if their stories correalated with one another. Being as all of these things would have been done I can say the sheriff knew what he was saying before he said it. This man beating his daughter's rapist in the head several times is certainly justifiable to stop his TODDLER daughter from being raped and anyone who believes it would be excessive should have their own head checked.

Last edited:

BOOMcat12B

While I applaud the father and his actions, I do feel for the little girl. That is a lot on her plate to deal with. But at least this pervert got what he deserved, which is definitely alot more than some plush stint in a jail somewhere, which is what he would have received had he been arrested.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not being insensitive - this thread has what to do with OC or RKBA? We could report any and all tragedies of the world, but most would not fit within the parameters of OCDO.

IMO it does not really fit the guidelines as intended for the Social Lounge either, but moving it there at least on a temporary basis.

09jisaac

Let's be thankful this man truly got to revenge these evil act's, and pray that him and his daughter and the rest of the family can find the strength to deal with this most horrible act.

I don't think revenge is the correct word for this situation. Retribution comes to mind.

OC for ME

Not being insensitive - this thread has what to do with OC or RKBA? We could report any and all tragedies of the world, but most would not fit within the parameters of OCDO.

IMO it does not really fit the guidelines as intended for the Social Lounge either, but moving it there at least on a temporary basis.
How about this? He should have shot the dude.

Redbaron007

Fantastic conclusion for the father. I hope the daughter will have a full recovery.

However, now what happens from a civil lawsuit perspective? :eek: :uhoh: