• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ordered the "Challenge Coin"

DWCook

Activist Member
I have one question, I ordered the coin $15 and I'm guessing I am getting two of them since I ordered early. Anyways it said something about "Bill me Later", is this just something so money isn't pulled from me yet till the actual coin is put into play? Kind of like reserving something, but not paying for it yet? I am just wanting to confirm this as its slightly bothering me at the current moment.

MainelyGlock

I think Bill Me Later is something you must sign up for. I've seen it on a bunch of different websites. Definitely read the fine print, first.

DWCook

Activist Member
Well I didn't realize I was using the basic paypal purchase instead of my actual account. I was automatically enrolled into it as in there was no option for me to to say I dont want BML. I am going to be calling the service to cancel my order and then order it again through my actual Paypal account again without BML.

Last edited:

MainelyGlock

Well I didn't realize I was using the basic paypal purchase instead of my actual account. I was automatically enrolled into it as in there was no option for me to to say I dont want BML. I am going to be calling the service to cancel my order and then order it again through my actual Paypal account again without BML.

Glad you caught it! PayPal has screwed me over many times.

DWCook

Activist Member
I had to send an email to John Pierce as what "Bill Me Later" stated, he has to cancel the order in order for me to not get charged. Once he cancel's my order and verifies it, I will contact "Bill Me Later' to verify that the order was canceled and I will not be getting any kind of a bill.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
I have cancelled the order and issued a refund. Hopefully, that will cancel the Bill Me Later service. Since that is a PayPal offering, I am not 100% sure how it works.

I know you ended up using it somehow but I want to make it clear to all that we do not require the service. As a matter of fact, any purchases or donations using PayPal may be done with your regular credit card without even having a PayPal account.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help!!!

John

I have one question, I ordered the coin $15 and I'm guessing I am getting two of them since I ordered early. Anyways it said something about "Bill me Later", is this just something so money isn't pulled from me yet till the actual coin is put into play? Kind of like reserving something, but not paying for it yet? I am just wanting to confirm this as its slightly bothering me at the current moment.

DWCook

Activist Member
Bill Me Later, is a credit card company pretty much. They pulled my credit and checked my score and then signed me up on a $250 credit limit through "Bill Me Later". I am now having to fight with them to reverse the credit ding they did to me and my credit score. Ugh the headache of dealing with BS. They automatically sign you up with an account and credit limit. Only difference between them and the others is they don't issue a plastic credit card to the account holder, all online. The representative tried to tell me they weren't a credit card company, but as I corrected the agent and said, you guys pull credit and sign an account with a limit, (You are a credit card Company). She submitted the report and now I have to wait for feed back "If they will reverse the credit hit". I told her I will be calling constantly until this matter is fixed.

DWCook

Activist Member
I re-ordered the coin, through my actual Paypal account this time. Only thing now is I have to wait and obtain headaches through "Bill Me Later" to reverse what was done.

VW_Factor

Bill Me Later, is a credit card company pretty much.

This.

I have a "Bill Me Later" for a computer hardware website. Its just like a dept. store CC, except its an online bank, for online purchases at certain websites. Product is offered through PayPal and some others. Unless its something you'd actually plan on using for bigger purchases (like mine I use when there is a special for 1 year no interest) don't use it.

As a side note. I pre-ordered my coins today. :D

Also, I don't use paypal anymore either. Simply use the guest account and use a specific CC that has excellent online fraud protections.

Last edited:

DWCook

Activist Member
I cancelled the account as I already have two active credit cards for my line of credit. I don't need that type of service as it would be a waste and a crock. My Cash Rewards card gives me better benefit usage than "Bill Me Later". I use one card for small everyday purchases, gas, food, etc, then I pay it off at the end of the month. The other card is for major purchases considering it has a HUGE line of credit. I noticed that it helps my credit score to have to active accounts being used and paid off or at least one paid off monthly than it is to have only one active that's not paid off.