Thread: Carrying a loading firearm?

TheTortyl

Carrying a loading firearm?

This is a simple question to answer for those that have been carrying. In Ct we are able to carry a loading firearm on our person with a round chambered? As far as in a car, are we able to keep our firearm on us and/or in a location that keeps us in control of it?

I have been watching a lot of youtube videos (for entertainment purposes) of people standing up to cops for their 2nd and 4th amendment rights and i noticed some states allow open carry but the firearm has to be unloaded. Which is odd to even carry but it made me question what our carry rule are.

Thanks in advance

If you have a pistol permit, you may carry loaded/unloaded, chambered/unchambered, in a car or out of a car, openly or concealed.

http://ctcarry.com/FAQ/Index/Carrying%20a%20Handgun
    Connecticut Carry is dedicated to advancing and protecting the fundamental civil rights of the men and women of Connecticut to keep and bear arms for self defense of themselves and the state as guaranteed by the United States Constitution and the Constitution of Connecticut.

Join us and discuss the issues: http://ctcarry.com/Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post
    If you have a pistol permit, you may carry loaded/unloaded, chambered/unchambered, in a car or out of a car, openly or concealed.
    Pretty much sums it up!

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich B View Post

http://ctcarry.com/FAQ/Index/Carrying%20a%20Handgun
    What Rich said "IF".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8SPM View Post
    What Rich said "IF".
    Yes, with a permit, anything goes. Without one, you cannot take a handgun outside your house ... nice violation of being able to maintain and acquire proficiency (part of 2nd amendment) with the gun.