• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Motorcyle OC

Chap

My Glock 30 is specifically designed for riding:

ec7b82c1.jpg

Nice, Now I want one,,,,,,,,

nevinsb

:question:
And yet racers continually crash at ridiculous speeds and walk away unscathed???

If you watch a superbike race, you will see, they rarely "crash," they slide off the track. Yes, most of the time, they get back on the bike and drive off like nothing happened, but they also don't have trees, light poles, curbs, fire hydrants, and cars on the side of the track to hit like you do on the road. Just as their racing suits aren't intended for motocross, they aren't intended for road use either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fekfb4phAE

You can easily spend as much as a bike costs on a "ballistic" (Word I hate almost as much as "Tactical") jacket, pants, boots, gloves, and helmet.

I can't tell you what it feels like to slide into a gravel pit at 120MPH, but I have crashed my dirt bike more than my fair share as well as sliding a goldwing into a ditch, and the crash bars saved my leg.

I think most riders are going to sacrifice safety for cost, comfort, and appearance, and I'm getting a little sick of reading every thread turn into a trivial argument which has nothing to do with the original topic.

Thank you Trip20, your humor has been just about the only reason I keep reading this forum.

HandyHamlet

Last edited:

Lurchiron

Damn straight Skippy...plus, everyone knows that hot bike and a flashy pelt will get you a backrest faster than some greasy wagon-wheel of dough...

[video=youtube;-FkoZZ63ZkM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FkoZZ63ZkM[/video] :cool:

HandyHamlet

Something definitely wrong with that bike. Sounds funny. Like it is only hitting on two cylinders.

[video=youtube;TnBZ8nqC3LE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnBZ8nqC3LE&feature=plcp[/video]

xenophon

OC'd again this weekend on a 3 hour ride. Down by lake front, I passed two MPD motorcycle cops. They had their pistols on their right hip too. Seems tone the common place.

On way back, a kid in a minivan behind me got a camera out and took pictures of me going down the road. Not what I'm after, but hope they got some good shots. At least for half a mile that was going on.

NoTolerance

OC'd again this weekend on a 3 hour ride. Down by lake front, I passed two MPD motorcycle cops. They had their pistols on their right hip too. Seems tone the common place.

On way back, a kid in a minivan behind me got a camera out and took pictures of me going down the road. Not what I'm after, but hope they got some good shots. At least for half a mile that was going on.

If you're ever looking for a riding partner, hit me up.

M

McX

the kid has probably never seen a T-1000 before. Poly-Techno-Metal-Alloy (liquid metal)

scorpio_vette

the kid has probably never seen a T-1000 before. Poly-Techno-Metal-Alloy (liquid metal)

yeah not everybody has seen me ridding around yet. LOL

Could be a lot of fun, I think it would have to be either a camp site or national park due to open carry.

i might consider opening my doors for the destination. anybody wanting to stick around and drink around a fire can bring a tent and camp. i only have 2 acres of grass, but i'm sure we can fit a couple tents in there somewhere. LOL