• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Has anyone else seen this petition?

Yance

This comment has to be my favorite, by which I mean blew my mind the most.

The Sheeple said:
Why make it harder to separate criminals from law-abiding citizens?

I dont even know what thats suppose to mean :banghead:

Last edited:

Adams182

Has anybody contacted the petition creator to inform him how f'ed up his logic is?

I tried Thursday I think, no reply

I just asked if he honestly belived that those who would bring a gun into any venue or anywhere to threaten or due harm to others would really listen to what the LAW had to say, or a silly little sign?

Redbaron007

I tried Thursday I think, no reply

I just asked if he honestly belived that those who would bring a gun into any venue or anywhere to threaten or due harm to others would really listen to what the LAW had to say, or a silly little sign?

This petition is sponsored by Moveon.org.....that should tell you if they will respond and are open to an intellectual discussion.

Scotchman

OC/CC in Churches.

I just posted my own recent disappointment when visiting a new church. Despite one 'elder' being behind their anti-gun status. I will still be As Armed As Possible and I would carry a sword Cane if theyr were legal in Michigan. I tell Christians - "Jesus did not Suggest a Sword or tell it as a Parable. He flat out ordered it as your most important item to own and carry!"

So now I and my sons are in some nice black BDUs and have many pockets for Pepper Spray etc. And at a youth event yesterday My son started the ole contest of showing whose is bigger - Knives that is!

I have had numerous good interaction with the congregation and still at the least carry a tactical knife and multitool on my belt.

Turned my Tactical Pistol Briefcase into my Tactical Church Briefcase and although I would rather bring in my Beretta, I will make my 'quieter' political statement this way and carry the most and best alternatives. Letting him know that just as he admitted that he truly is not prepared to protect his flock I will do all I can for mine.

Maybe I should pack a slingshot in there too?

I listed my experience here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...riences-Here&p=1788611&viewfull=1#post1788611

We need a petition to sign and send to OUR senators. I REALLY want this to pass.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Folks should give the people who signed a nice little telephone call (duh, they actually listed their names and town) ... I would be pissed if I signed a petition and they posted it online.

Small_Arms_Collector

I just posted my own recent disappointment when visiting a new church. Despite one 'elder' being behind their anti-gun status. I will still be As Armed As Possible and I would carry a sword Cane if theyr were legal in Michigan. I tell Christians - "Jesus did not Suggest a Sword or tell it as a Parable. He flat out ordered it as your most important item to own and carry!"

So now I and my sons are in some nice black BDUs and have many pockets for Pepper Spray etc. And at a youth event yesterday My son started the ole contest of showing whose is bigger - Knives that is!

I have had numerous good interaction with the congregation and still at the least carry a tactical knife and multitool on my belt.

Turned my Tactical Pistol Briefcase into my Tactical Church Briefcase and although I would rather bring in my Beretta, I will make my 'quieter' political statement this way and carry the most and best alternatives. Letting him know that just as he admitted that he truly is not prepared to protect his flock I will do all I can for mine.

Maybe I should pack a slingshot in there too?

I listed my experience here:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...riences-Here&p=1788611&viewfull=1#post1788611

We need a petition to sign and send to OUR senators. I REALLY want this to pass.

Since when are sword canes illegal?