• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kansas Open Pamphlet

Damiansar-15

See attached another pamphlet that I put together for OC this summer in Wichita. I will bring this along with a few Oath Keepers pamphlets and Startbucks' corporate memo on legal open carry in their stores. I suspect that WPD will be aggressive with store managers, so I want to make sure I am armed with facts/data so that I don't get kicked out of Starbucks and/or have my right violated when out and about in Wichita...

Any feedback???

Attachments

• OpenCarry_Wichita_info.pdf
    227.4 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:

maverick1125

It points out that open carrying an unloaded gun is legal. Who would do that? It's the same as tying a brick to your hip.

marine0300

great job

Hey Damiansar-15

I like what you’re doing. once you're happy with a final draft start handing them out in Wichita. Especially to law enforcement.

Your laying the groundwork don't waiver & Keep the faith.

Marine0300

ps: I'm a proud member of Oath Keepers!

sha-ul

I had a chance to look at the pamphlet& it looks well done.

BTW, Earl, I last talked to you on Friday, and plans changed radically by the time I got home.... So I didn't have to drive to Topeka Sunday.

Damiansar-15

Legal issue for Wichita

It points out that open carrying an unloaded gun is legal. Who would do that? It's the same as tying a brick to your hip.

This is part of the reason I conducted my inital open carry protest in Wichita, because this was the UnConstitutional intent of current Wichita ordinance, e.g. create a paper weight instead of a functional firearm, which goes against Kansas Constitution and current State AG's POV on the law (see multiple threads in KS forum on this). I suppose there is an argument that one could load a pistol in 1.5-2 seconds, which could be enough time for defensive purposes in certain emergency situations. I suppose that I would also rather have an unloaded pistol with multiple spare mags on my hip, than no firearm at all like NYC, D.C., Chicago, etc... Regardless, this unloaded open carry POV by Wichita legal/LE is unacceptable, especially, when multiple times WPD held folks at gunpoint who were open carrying.