• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone interested in Meetup June 13 or 14 in NoVa?

Halon330

Hello All!

I'm in Fairfax this week. I'm from SC but here on business. Interested in open carry while here, but just a bit nervous because of how strict SC is. SC does have a constitutional Carry law in the state legislature, but hasn't passed yet.

My concerns are that being from out of state I might experience more scrutiny from LE. I would feel much more comfortable in the company of other like minded individuals. I know it is short notice, but if anyone would be interested in group outing for dinner or dinner and movie or something post up. I am leaving Friday afternoon/evening, whenever my class ends, but Wednesday and Thursday I have nothing to do but watch the tiny TV in my hotel room.

Tim

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I presume you're on a work-during-the-day-and-then-get-together schedule? My spouse works out that way, and we could meet you there after, say 6pm or so. There are a number of friendly places in Fairfax. PMing you my e-mail address and phone #.

Halon330

Sure, normally out of class by 5, at least Yesterday and today. Sounds good to me.

I figured I would get over my nervousness by plunging in. Sherlock Holmes 2 came out today and I wanted to swing by Best Buy to pick it up. Slapped the XD on my hip and headed out. I had already worked out in my mind how things would go if another customer, or store manager broached the subject. Didn't want to be at a loss for words if the situation arose. Longer I stayed in the store the more comfortable I was. Seemed the only person even aware of the firearm was me.

I conceal carry daily at home and am completely comfortable with that, was just concerned about harsh reaction from the public with the weapon in view. It was nice to go out in public with my shirt tucked in.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Sure, normally out of class by 5, at least Yesterday and today. Sounds good to me.

I figured I would get over my nervousness by plunging in. Sherlock Holmes 2 came out today and I wanted to swing by Best Buy to pick it up. Slapped the XD on my hip and headed out. I had already worked out in my mind how things would go if another customer, or store manager broached the subject. Didn't want to be at a loss for words if the situation arose. Longer I stayed in the store the more comfortable I was. Seemed the only person even aware of the firearm was me.

I conceal carry daily at home and am completely comfortable with that, was just concerned about harsh reaction from the public with the weapon in view. It was nice to go out in public with my shirt tucked in.

Good points, but remember, the local police officers have no way of knowing you're from out-of-state. LOTS of us around here are from "someplace else" originally <grin>. I've carried in SC - but don't like it - since a sister lives there. A lot of people, most notably Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) have done a lot of work to make certain that our law-enforcement officers understand the law and respect our rights.

We'll talk more. Tomorrow night would be good for dinner for us.

Halon330

Nothing set in stone from anyone. I think I'm going to head to Fuddruckers on Chain Bridge Rd . I should be there around 7:30 if anyone wants to show.