• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart shopper

KBCraig

Either she doesn't know how to properly carry a 1911 (although she looks good while doing so), or she's carrying an LDA.

She's an attractive lady who seems confident and certain of herself, so I do hope it's an LDA instead of Condition 3.

amlevin

Two surprises in one. The fact that she's carrying a firearm was certainly notable. Also worthy of note is that she doesn't weigh 400#, all stuffed into a pair of sweat pants.

That means she couldn't have been a customer at my local Walmart.

skiingislife725

Two surprises in one. The fact that she's carrying a firearm was certainly notable. Also worthy of note is that she doesn't weigh 400#, all stuffed into a pair of sweat pants.

That means she couldn't have been a customer at my local Walmart.

That's because it's not a Wal-Mart. She probably wouldn't be caught dead in one, she wouldn't fit in, she's 300lbs shy.

decklin

That picture has been floating around for a while. It's been used in a number of websites. Just run a google images search of open carry.

KBCraig, I've had a few people say to me, "Did you know your gun is cocked?" or, "Hey, man. Isn't it dangerous to have the hammer cocked like that?" Sigh......

Two of those people are actually friends of mine in the Army. They don't have any experience with single action or even know what it is. They asked why I don't keep the hammer down. I asked them how I was supposed to do that. It would mean either walking around with no round chambered, which they both agreed they would never do with their M4's, or drop the hammer on a live round. To me that is just playing with fire and would require me cocking the gun to use it. Overall just a waste of time. I had to explain all the safeties built into a 1911 so they would understand.

Still though, every so often I get asked that question.

skiingislife725

decklin

Never heard of it. Thanks for the info.
What I do is run a google search for the picture then when I find it I click similar and it shows a bunch of sites that picture is on.
Yours sounds faster.