• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What???????

Outdoorsman1

... :mad: ...I find it funny (not really) that a newbie with 28 posts telling a well respected member of this group with over 2,000 posts to shut the F... up. Hey dude.... Maybe you should be the one shutting the fu.. up. Those that know me know what I used to carry and why, before I lost all my firearms is a tragic high speed boating accident.

Outdoorsman1

GRIFFIN GUN & SECURITY

I carry...

For OC, a Glock 20 10mm or my Glock 21 converted over to 50GI. Because I'm a Glock guy and I like a lot of boom for my buck. I also have a SS and gold Taurus 1911 38Super I carry when I want to dress up in OC, lol. For CC I have a S&W 380 Bodyguard in my wallet holster (I like the laser sight), and a Taurus PT740 Slim 40s&w in my ankle holster (because the smallest 45ACP is still just too punishing on my leg and ankle). I also usually have my 5 shot Rossi SS 44Special in my inside the pocket holster in my front pocket when I'm in CC only mode. I believe in always having a back-up gun, as well as a back-up to my back-up. :D

Law abider

I'm done with the idiots...hey MKEGAL.......shut the **** up.........
Take it easy brother TyGuy. We are all rowing the same boat. let us not beat each other up. MKEgal has been charged and we all need to do our part to help her out. Besides she has knowledge and experience and so do the rest of you. I need the knowledge you are posting. Let's not become like the 3 stooges. I once read a quote in my Bible: "If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand." We are in this together. I can see that many of you are leaders in the OC movement. I am just following along and learning.:(

TyGuy

Many don't realize that Abraham Lincoln didn't originate that quote.

MKEgal

Gee, away from the computer for a little while & my rep is being attacked by one of our newest members.
:rolleyes:
Outdoorsman1 said:
I find it funny (not really) that a newbie with 28 posts telling a well respected member of this group with over 2,000 posts to shut the F... up.
Nah.
As long as she plays by the rules she's welcome to post whatever.
Apparently that didn't happen, 'cause the offensive comment was deleted.

And if she is new, how to know the rep of people who have been here longer?
I mean, there are people with more posts than our newbie who have terrible reps, people who have been banned multiple times, etc.

I admit, I was a bit rude in the beginning of my reply to her. Truthful, but rude. Happens so rarely...
And apparently the sarcasm didn't come through the interwebs very well, as she took it as a criticism of her abilities.

TyGuy said:
Again, and MKEgal can comment here, I think she was pointing out that we don't require licenses, training, etc. for other Constiutionally protected rights instead of suggesting a minimum score for public discourse. Hyperbole?
I'm glad someone's sarcasm meter is working, & I've adjusted my previous post so that hopefully my intent will be clear to others.

ETA: BTW, the 700 SAT score was referring to the writing portion, not the overall score. Way back when I took it the max was only 1600, & only had math & English. They've expanded in the last umpty years. Wonder if it's any better predictor of success in college than it used to be?

Last edited:

TyGuy

I got your back! Sarcasm in typed material is difficult sometimes, but I did catch that.

Yeah, when I took the SAT the max was 1600 (800 in each section). I think it's now 2400 (still 800 in each section).

GreenCountyPete

maybe i read the ops post differently

i went with why you carry what you carry , not why you carry at all

it doesn't matter to me why you choose to carry a gun , it is your God given right

Ruger LC9 , because it is big enough to shoot well and small enough to conceal decent , and light enough to carry well

as for my reason to carry , i will go with , Because it is my God given right , recognized and secured under the second amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America , and further identified and secured By the Wisconsin state constitution.

as for ammo , Remington golden sabers , I had them they fed and functioned without fail and shot point of aim , and the available tests showed it to expand well http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2012/05/ballistics-testing-remington-golden_23.html

TyGuy

is your God given right

I disagree. I think it is your God given right to defend yourself and that modern firearms are the most effective means to do this. Of course your ability to keep and bear firearms is specifically protected with the Constitution. 500 years ago people defended themselves with swords, and perhaps in 500 years there will be laser pistols. Let's not confuse our inherrant human right to self defense with the ability to own a specific tool. I wouldn't want to bring a sword to a gun fight or a gun to laser fight.

Lasers, pew pew!

GreenCountyPete

a bit nit picky but yes , but arms , i choose a gun and that gun for those reasons , i found the broad ax i was carrying a but heavy for my liking , the machete poked me in the ribs when i sat down , and the long bow was a bit cumbersome getting in and out of small cars

i do believe however that the founding fathers , framers of the constitution did mean firearms as well as other arms , their version just happened to be the flint lock

TyGuy

It might be a bit nit picky, but I'd hate to see citizens devoid of the ability to defend themselves when firearms become obsolete/antiquated weapons. Just like free speech applying past the printing press self defense should extend past firearms as they lose their dominant place as the best tool for self defense.

GreenCountyPete

It might be a bit nit picky, but I'd hate to see citizens devoid of the ability to defend themselves when firearms become obsolete/antiquated weapons. Just like free speech applying past the printing press self defense should extend past firearms as they lose their dominant place as the best tool for self defense.

yes it should ,

although , i am skeptical of laser guns , sure the flat trajectory sounds good , but i am lousy at charging batteries.