• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What???????

NoTolerance

What do you carry, and why? Myself...Bodyguard .380..Remington Home Defense 102 gr. Just curious.....

Where's your "why"? ;)

I'm currently carrying my Walther PPQ .40 cal. I alternate between concealed and open, depending on what I'm doing, where I am, etc. It's not the easiest thing to conceal, however.

As such, I'm expecting my Walther PPS .40 cal within the next few days. I'll still OC my PPQ or my XDm and will use the PPS for concealed. It will also make for a nice BUG when I'm OCing.

TyGuy

My new OC pistol = Beretta 92FS Inox
My main CC pistol = Glock 19
My backup pistol = Ruger LCP

berettabone

Banned
Actually, in the winter months, I carry a Beretta 96 inox...........as for why?.........#1..because I can....#2..because my wife and I were attacked by a tandem of a pitbulls, a few years back, never felt that helpless....#3...too many wack jobs allowed to walk the streets and procreate, raising more wack jobs(not their fault)....#4...too many breakins occuring.....#5..because I like to.....#6..because others do, illegally...I need to be able to protect, whatever it may be that needs protection...." I don't carry it, because i'm afraid, be because it enables me to be unafraid". Quote by Maj. L. Caudill USMC (ret) " Why the gun is civilized". If you've never read it before, google it.

TyGuy

If you need to ask "why" then you are probably at the wrong internet forum.

M

McX

Smacky for work and runs, Disruptor for special occassions. some rifffffles, but i dont carry them realy. sold all the rest to finance the Imperial Government, and here. such is life.

got a nice agonizer recently.

Last edited:

Trip20

I think the WHY here is supposed to be geared towards WHY do you choose said carry piece..........

Not WHY do you choose to carry in general (i.e., the merits of such).......

TyGuy

OC - Beretta 92FS Inox - Cause it's probably the most beautiful modern handgun
CC primary - Glock 19 - I trust Glocks and the 19 has the firepower and sight radius that makes it a good combat firearm
CC back up - Ruger LCP - small, lightweight, flat, concealable, and dependable

berettabone

Banned
explain please.

Some people like to carry because it gives them a feeling of power...I have seen people who carry, that don't know the first thing about firearms, and have never even fired the tool that they are carrying(believe it or not). I have met people at the range, who couldn't, or did not know how, to disassemble their firearm for cleaning. I have seen people purchasing firearms at stores, that obtained a CCW, that never fired a handgun in their life, and probably do not intend to become proficient with it...they just want to have it, and carry it, because they think that it may benefit them at some point....these are the people that bother me, and I really don't want to be around them. That's what I mean by they carry just because they can......

TyGuy

TYGUY.....ditto, except 96 inox(the most beautiful modern handgun)

92, 96 whatever. I just happen to have a lot of other 9s, so keeping the differing types of calibers as low as possible keeps me sane when reloading.

FarmerGreg

I have 4 different one's I carry. I open and conceal carry what one I pick depends on how I'm carrying, what places I'll be going and how I'm feeling that day. From big to small I carry as follows:
Glock 23, 40 cal.
Glock 27, 40 cal.
Bursa 380 cc.
North American Arms Pug 22 Mag.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Glock 23 about 85% of the time. The other 15% is distributed among a Glock 35, Glock 20 or Ruger SP101. Maybe 30-40% of the time I'll have a Kel-Tec P3AT as a BUG. Why? Because these have all been 100% reliable, have good accuracy, aren't too annoying to carry, and because I like a gun that is simple to use: Draw and shoot. Economy of motion reduced to the most fundamental levels.

Yetiman

What day it it ?

Right now, a Colt Officers model .45acp in A Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. Why? My favorite pistol I have owned. I shoot very well with it and it's compact.

Other days it's likely to be a Commander size .45acp because I have always shot 1911's (almost exclusively for 25 years or so) and a 5" 1911 is just a bit too long for me to wear comfortably in an IWB holster. Or a Browning hi power (because it's so thin and comfortable to carry and holds 14 rounds) or an HK P7m8 (compact, accurate and has a unique operation).