Thread: Holsters

Holsters

Just curious what kind of holsters everyone uses? I currently only have one, but am looking for more.

I'm definitely looking for a shoulder holster for LH if anyone can recommend any.

Also curious if anyone OCs with thigh holsters? I would love to use but I fear it may cause a little bit more attention. Thoughts?

I've seen thigh holsters used but you're right it'll draw attention, though I'm guessing shoulder will draw attention as well.

But anyways, DeSantis makes really nice leather holsters for a lot of the popular guns out there. Shoulder, hip, ankle, and some concealment holsters. I have a Speed Scabbard for my XD9 and really like it.
    Good or Bad Post it - http://www.FriendOrFoe.us

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroC View Post
    I've seen thigh holsters used but you're right it'll draw attention, though I'm guessing shoulder will draw attention as well.

But anyways, DeSantis makes really nice leather holsters for a lot of the popular guns out there. Shoulder, hip, ankle, and some concealment holsters. I have a Speed Scabbard for my XD9 and really like it.
    I love thigh holsters, I just feel people will see it as too tactical and it will get way more attention than I'd like. I'll take a look at DeSantis, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hareuhal
    I love thigh holsters, I just feel people will see it as too tactical and it will get way more attention than I'd like...
    Why are you worried about drawing attention to a legal activity?

This shows that, in your own mind, you think you are doing something wrong.

If you only want to CC and do not want others to know you are carrying, that's fine.

If you are going to OC, then OC in the way that you are most comfortable with.

Open carry is legal. Thigh holsters are legal. Other people go "Eek!"? To bad!

Life's boring if you can't have any fun. Have fun!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    Why are you worried about drawing attention to a legal activity?

This shows that, in your own mind, you think you are doing something wrong.

If you only want to CC and do not want others to know you are carrying, that's fine.

If you are going to OC, then OC in the way that you are most comfortable with.

Open carry is legal. Thigh holsters are legal. Other people go "Eek!"? To bad!

Life's boring if you can't have any fun. Have fun!
    Oh I know, I don't mind OCing at all, I'm just trying to at least cause the least amount of hassle possible, for myself. Chances are I will probably end up buying a thigh holster, which I will probably use in place of the shoulder holster for carrying while driving...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hareuhal View Post
    Oh I know, I don't mind OCing at all, I'm just trying to at least cause the least amount of hassle possible, for myself. Chances are I will probably end up buying a thigh holster, which I will probably use in place of the shoulder holster for carrying while driving...

Thanks!
    That's a noble goal. Have you read this thread here on OCDO?
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...incinnati-Ohio

OC in a state park and both the Rangers AND the Sheriffs aren't up to date on OC.

What you wear it in ain't gonna matter too much.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWifeSaidYes View Post
    That's a noble goal. Have you read this thread here on OCDO?
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...incinnati-Ohio

OC in a state park and both the Rangers AND the Sheriffs aren't up to date on OC.

What you wear it in ain't gonna matter too much.
    Yes I have been following it as it's been updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hareuhal View Post
    Just curious what kind of holsters everyone uses? I currently only have one, but am looking for more.

I'm definitely looking for a shoulder holster for LH if anyone can recommend any.

Also curious if anyone OCs with thigh holsters? I would love to use but I fear it may cause a little bit more attention. Thoughts?
    I'm going to use mine tonight ill keep y'all informed if I catch he'll or not

Last winter I saw a local LEO with a drop leg on. Looked a bit strange with that uniform. If he wore it with civilian clothes on, probably wouldn't have noticed.
    Last edited by hermannr; 07-17-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Last winter I saw a local LEO with a drop leg on. Looked a bit strange with that uniform. If he wore it with civilian clothes on, probably wouldn't have noticed.
    With civvies on I'd say they're either pmc's,bounty hunter,DEA, or some sort of gang/drug task force guy . I like wearing mine with blue jeans and/or my olive drab or tan 5.11 tactical pants. They look cool as h*** and they have a mag/flashlight pouch on the left thigh and a small pocket on the right.thigh for pens or a lighter or change deep back pockets and cargo pockets, but either way thigh rigs look "tacticool" as we used to say in Airsoft when I was into that sport.
    Last edited by ghost913; 07-17-2012 at 11:57 PM.