• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

For Court Case Buffs--Incredible Alignment of Circumstances

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Below is an excerpt from a news story. If the teenager's name turns out to be Garner or his nickname is Tennessee, the circle will be complete.

About 20 minutes after the homeowner searched one of the teens, the three [teens] arrived in another section of the sub-division where two were on bikes and one was on foot. As the off duty officers approached, one of the teens ran off, a second was detained by one of the off duty officers and a third teen, who we are calling J.L., arrived in the 3000 block of Miranda Place. That's where he says the officer said "Stop, or I will shoot you in the back." J.L. says he then sunk to his knees and the officer tackled him.

You can read the full story here: http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/187225...s-under-criminal-investigation?obref=obinsite

I found out about it at this great little blog here: http://www.theagitator.com/

Why do I say "incredible alignment of circumstances"? These are all cases OCDO-ers are familiar with.

Florida vs JL (anonymous tip about a concealed gun on a juvenile)

Miranda vs Arizona (5th Amendment)

Tennessee vs Garner (limitation on cops' use of lethal force)

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Thanks for the anodyne to Culpeper.

I can hear the amen-corner tuning up just now.
Chorus:Amen, amen,Amen, amen, amen. (Sing it over)Amen, amen,Amen, amen, amen.(Amen Lyrics Written by- Jester Hariston)