• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dinner 14 June 2012, 7PM, Amphora restaurant (Vienna)

bob888

Hello!

I'm also new here. Not only to the forums, but also to Virginia.

I was previously in Omaha, Nebraska where I bought very first and second guns (SA XDM 45 and Walther PK380) before I left to move here.

Although I won't be OCing today (coming straight from work today, located in a certain five-sided, white marble faced building in Arlington that does not allow carrying of any kind), I would like to meet up with the newcomer.

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Look forward to seeing you, bob888.

Spouse will be coming straight from work, but will be carrying. I'm not working right now, so will also be carrying. Still, it's always great to meet new people, and now you'll be able to say you know at least a couple of OCers from NoVA as well! Spouse and I will be recognizable by the stickers on our cars and the sidearms on our hips!

cptstoney

aarrrgggghhhh! i just went out with the jeeps guys last night, if i can pry myself away from home tonight i'll be there.

oh and i'm a newb around here too(not NOVA, been here for 27 years)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
aarrrgggghhhh! i just went out with the jeeps guys last night, if i can pry myself away from home tonight i'll be there.

oh and i'm a newb around here too(not NOVA, been here for 27 years)

Bring the family. It's a nice family restaurant!

Steeler-gal

I was thinking of coming but have been overcome by sloth. I'm not going to make it out. Have fun and I'd this is a nice place maybe we can do a regular OC lunch there.

========================

NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
Teaching Classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

Last edited:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Was really great to meet Halon330 and Bob888 last night. Too bad steelergal couldln't make it.

Still, Bob888 is new to us and will be looking for future get-togethers, and Halon330 comes here a few times a year for class, so it will happen again.

Steeler-gal -- this would be a good place for a Diva First Tuesday dinner as well. They're open 24/7, I'm told, and I don't think you get better service anywhere.