• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Introduction: Hello from Tacoma

Ospy

I just discovered this forum and have been browsing many posts. Since I am an old forum fanatic I didn't give it a moments thought, but rather registered immediately. I live in Tacoma Washington. I CC and have for a long time. I have always felt like CC is a little like 'Don't ask, don't tell". Why must I hide my gun? However, as fascinating as the idea of OC is, I need to educate myself on the topic first.

I carry a FNH FiveseveN pistol 5.7 X 28mm rounds. 20 round magazine. I have it loaded with very expensive ammunition. 28 grain, armor piercing Pre-Fragmented rounds. It's a little big for IWB carrying, but it works. It'd be a lot more appropriate to have on the outside.

I've learned a lot since I've been here already. Please, if you want to reply with a link of something you think I should read to better educate myself on OP, Please do. I am hungry for more information.

A lady friend once argued that a lot of gun owners that are victims of a crime end up getting killed with their own weapons. That's absurd! If some criminal is going to kill me with my own gun, they're going to have to beat me to death with it, because it's going to be empty by the time they get to it.