• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oregon Concealed Handgun License Application Event

Bill Starks

State Researcher
Passing this along...........

Oregon Concealed Handgun License Application Event

We are coordinating with Sheriff Glenn Palmer of Grant County, OR. to host a Washington based Oregon Concealed Handgun License (CHL) Application event.

As you may know, Oregon allows for qualifying residents of adjoining states like Washington to apply for a CHL to a county sheriff. For many of us, particularly in Northern WA. It can be challenging and may require extensive time to pursue this.

ACTION:
1. Interested, qualifying persons who are prepared to commit to this activity should contact uberhoo@hotmail.com and put 'OR. CHL event request' in the subject line;
2. Copy/paste items 1-4 below and confirm that you meet these requirements with a YES for each line item and will bring all of the required poof documents to the event.

Sheriff Palmer has agreed to process up to 40 applications based on available time; if I receive more than 40 requests, these will be placed on 'standby' for up to 20 slots and you will be notified as a standby candidate, that you may attend, but at the risk of possibly not being processed, depending on the number of confirmed applications who do not show.

DATE: June 16, 2012 (Father’s Day weekend)

TIME: 1:00 to 3:00 pm

PLACE: Vancouver, WA.

(location venue will not be published online and only communicated to respondents)

REQUIREMENTS TO BRING WITH YOU:

1. Photocopy of your of WA. Driver’s License (or if active military, something showing WA. addr)
2. A copy of a handgun safety course training certificate (see reference above for free online offering)
3. Application fee, $65 cash, check, money order (exact amount), non-refundable
4. Completed and truthfully answered all application questions available at:
http://oregonfirearms.org/chlcentral...unty CHL 6.pdf )

Failure to comply with ANY or ALL of the requirements above will result in:

a. possible loss of registration status
b. rejection of your application
c. loss of your non-refundable application fee

If you need to meet the firearms certification requirement, but haven’t otherwise completed qualifying training - take the free online Maryland Police Training Commission firearm safety training course. Print the certificate upon completion and bring that as documentation.
LINK: http://www.mdgunsafety.com/

I understand that misrepresenting prior arrests is the #1 reason for rejection. Applicants will be finger printed and have a legal background check run on them, as is standard.

To pre-register, please follow the directions in this post and email me with a simple YES to each of the questions in this message and be sure to bring your completed paperwork; do not send me your application or anything else.

It would be great to arrange car pools to save on gas and congestion. If you are committed to attending and willing to drive others, that's great - please reply and coordinate that between yourselves, as I will have my hands full coordinating with the Sheriff and the registration list.

The location venue will be a public facility, likely a restaurant. It's my goal to secure this location at no additional cost, based on people patronizing the establishment. However, it's possible there may be a room charge and if so, we'll all need to chip in to cover any cost.

jt59

Thanks

M-1,

Thanks for organizing this or getting the word around....I missed this opportunity last time and although it was short notice, was able to re-arrange a very busy weekend to get to attend.

Note on your comment, I think I read that they want a copy of ones CPL as well as WA DL...

good on you...

jt