Thread: Why women should carry - and should not automatically trust cops

Banned

Why women should carry - and should not automatically trust cops

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...rape-case.html

Good he is put away. Another shining example of law enforcement.

...Orban's attorney, James Blatt of Los Angeles, said the assault ran counter to a life spent protecting community and country....
    I wonder if any evidence was presented to that effect or if the uniform and badge were all that was expected to prove it.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

The only plausible explanation for the defendant's behavior, Blatt argued, was the potent effects of Zoloft, which sent Orban spiraling into an "unconscious" delirium. "At the time he was not aware, not aware of the torturous things he had done,'' Blatt told the jury.
    Seriously?

....uh....how can a person be unconscious and in a delirium at the same time?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    ....uh....how can a person be unconscious and in a delirium at the same time?
    ....uh....how can you do torturous things if you are unconscious?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I thought the side affects of Zoloft were suppressed sexual urges and lethargy. Seems to be the opposite of what he is claiming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I thought the side affects of Zoloft were suppressed sexual urges and lethargy. Seems to be the opposite of what he is claiming.
    Read the insert...

Zoloft--like almost EVERY prescription psychotropic drug--can cause delusions, hallucinations, psychotic episodes, convulsions, and uncontrollable crying jags.

http://www.antiaging-systems.com/app...ses/131-zoloft
    Last edited by Dreamer; 06-14-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Lot's of prescription meds can cause significant changes in the way one's brain processes information, especially when taken with other meds. In 2008 I was on a combination of five meds which, taken individually, wouldn't have caused any problems. Taken together, and I was saying things to friends and family that caused them to raise their eyebrows. Once off the meds, it raised my eyebrows, too.

Not fun.

On the other hand, despite the off-beat thoughts, none included harming anyone in any manner.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.