• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why women should carry - and should not automatically trust cops

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Orban's attorney, James Blatt of Los Angeles, said the assault ran counter to a life spent protecting community and country....

I wonder if any evidence was presented to that effect or if the uniform and badge were all that was expected to prove it.

PistolPackingMomma

The only plausible explanation for the defendant's behavior, Blatt argued, was the potent effects of Zoloft, which sent Orban spiraling into an "unconscious" delirium. "At the time he was not aware, not aware of the torturous things he had done,'' Blatt told the jury.

Seriously? :uhoh:

Jack House

I thought the side affects of Zoloft were suppressed sexual urges and lethargy. Seems to be the opposite of what he is claiming. :rolleyes:

Dreamer

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Lot's of prescription meds can cause significant changes in the way one's brain processes information, especially when taken with other meds. In 2008 I was on a combination of five meds which, taken individually, wouldn't have caused any problems. Taken together, and I was saying things to friends and family that caused them to raise their eyebrows. Once off the meds, it raised my eyebrows, too.

Not fun.

On the other hand, despite the off-beat thoughts, none included harming anyone in any manner.