• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flag Day

jbone

Happy National Flag Day. My Stars and Stripes is out everyday.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Happy Flag Day!

576483_2047472642935_1899717859_n.jpg

jbone

Wow!
Did this thread have people in fear of being put on the watch list?

DrakeZ07

I bought a new flag for flag day, and set it up on the porch, went inside to grab a drink, came back outside, and saw the flag was on the ground... So, I spent flag day burning the newly bought U.S. flag, the way my dad taught me how to do it, if/when a US flag touches the ground.

So much sadness, but on the flip-side, it really burned brightly and helped kick start my grille, had some good ribs on it :D

ak56

Campaign Veteran
I bought a new flag for flag day, and set it up on the porch, went inside to grab a drink, came back outside, and saw the flag was on the ground... So, I spent flag day burning the newly bought U.S. flag, the way my dad taught me how to do it, if/when a US flag touches the ground.

So much sadness, but on the flip-side, it really burned brightly and helped kick start my grille, had some good ribs on it :D

The flag code does not require that the flag be burned if it touches the ground. It is perfectly acceptable to wash, and, if needed, mend a flag.

DrakeZ07

The flag code does not require that the flag be burned if it touches the ground. It is perfectly acceptable to wash, and, if needed, mend a flag.

Oh~ Well, I just did what I remember my dad said a few times when I was growing up, cut the stripes off, and burn those, fold and keep the blue starry field. I don't recall where he said he learned it, but always said it was the honorable way to treat a fallen flag.

Then again, Always said in the brass ball on top of a flag pole at military bases, was a single pistol round, and a razor, I still haven't figured that one out.