• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Central Oregon OC

lawdog_992000

Recently moved to Central Oregon and was wondering if there was anyone in the area that OC. I have been looking through the forum and from what i have seen the only restrictions in my area are Bend(no loaded weapons in city park) and the normal "public" buildings. Of course this is without CCL. If anyone could help with more information about OC, the issue of a weapon not being a " disturbance of the peace" i would greatfully appreciate the information.

lawdog_992000

only time i am nerviouse is in church and court...lol. I have been back and forth about the issue of OC as i havent seen anyone in this area OC.

Last edited:

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I'm not sure if there are separate codes for disturbing the peace, but disorderly conduct can be found here, 166.023 and 166.025.

166.023 Disorderly conduct in the first degree. (1) A person commits the crime of disorderly conduct in the first degree if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or knowingly creating a risk thereof, the person initiates or circulates a report, knowing it to be false:
(a) Concerning an alleged hazardous substance or an alleged or impending fire, explosion, catastrophe or other emergency; and
(b) Stating that the hazardous substance, fire, explosion, catastrophe or other emergency is located in or upon a school as defined in ORS 339.315.
(2)(a) Disorderly conduct in the first degree is a Class A misdemeanor.
(b) Notwithstanding paragraph (a) of this subsection, disorderly conduct in the first degree is a Class C felony if the defendant has at least one prior conviction for violating subsection (1) of this section.

166.023 is solely about reporting false information. Don't shout fire in a theatre and you should be fine here.

166.025 Disorderly conduct in the second degree. (1) A person commits the crime of disorderly conduct in the second degree if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, the person:
(a) Engages in fighting or in violent, tumultuous or threatening behavior;
(b) Makes unreasonable noise;
(c) Disturbs any lawful assembly of persons without lawful authority;
(d) Obstructs vehicular or pedestrian traffic on a public way;
(e) Congregates with other persons in a public place and refuses to comply with a lawful order of the police to disperse;
(f) Initiates or circulates a report, knowing it to be false, concerning an alleged or impending fire, explosion, crime, catastrophe or other emergency; or
(g) Creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which the person is not licensed or privileged to do.
(2) Disorderly conduct in the second degree is a Class B misdemeanor.

166.025 has a very limited set of items you can do to qualify for disorderly conduct. Fighting or threatening people, making noise, disturbing an assembly of people in an illegal manner, block traffic, refusal to disperse, reporting false information, create a hazard that is illegal to create.

Not only would you have to do one of these things, but you have to do them with intent to cause alarm, annoyance, or inconvenience, or recklessly creating a risk of one of those things. If you walk around normally while open carrying you shouldn't have any problems.

lawdog_992000

i have been searching through the OR codes and have not been able to find anything on breach of peace or disturbance of the peace. Anyone know the section of the code where they can be found? I am also thinking about packing a cap and ball 44 because if i am reading the code correctly it is an antique and does not require a licsense even if CC.