• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OPEN CARRY PICNIC SouthWest Ohio/NKY

Magickallife

I was just wanting to inquire as to how many people would like to have a meet and greet at some of our fine county parks, maybe cookout and enjoy the comfort of excercising our rights and each others time and company, bring the kids family and friends, invited, (you dont have to OC you may CC or not at all)

Please post if anyone would be willing to do this and we can set up a date for the event, maybe at Woodland Mound Park, or any of the other fine parks in SW Ohio...

Please Comment Below:

Last edited:

MyWifeSaidYes

One is scheduled fo June 23rd -

Yeah. ^^^^ What COL said!

This picnic is in response to an event where an open carrier was threatened with a 5th degree felony for shopping at Kroger's.

Here's some other links for this picnic.

Original issue: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=44568

Picnic thread: http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=61616

Meet and Greet open carry picnic in Hamilton county

Grove Picnic Shelter
9158 Winton Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45231

Saturday June 23, 2012

Potluck style - bring enough for you and yours and some to share!

Starts at 12 noon. Must be cleaned up and out by 5pm.

Remember, citizens under the age of 21 can open carry if:
- they have in their possession written permission from their parent or guardian, AND
- are under the supervision of a responsible adult, AND
- are being instructed in firearms education (such as how to safely open carry a handgun)

IANAL, so reference Title 18 USC 922(x) and ORC 2923.21 and decide for yourself.

Last edited:

Magickallife

Meet 'n Greet
Location of event: Grove Picnic Shelter 9158 Winton Rd, Cincinnati, 45231 Hamilton county
Date(s) of event: Saturday June 23, 2012

Thanks

MyWifeSaidYes

Magickallife-

How late is Woodland Mound Park open?

I could see taking an after-picnic walk down there on the 23rd.
:banana: