Thread: New Britain OC and The New Britain Herald article (and city council info).

New Britain OC and The New Britain Herald article (and city council info).

For your reading enjoyment.
    http://www.newbritainherald.com/arti...a722599484.txt

Far too many issues with the article.......

I like the term "city law" myself......

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

city ordinance to require city gun owners to conceal their weapons was passed

Required?

I really don't get the whole no citizen should have a gun. Do they really think that will be the ONE law BG's would choose to follow? Just ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by BFDMikeCT View Post
    I really don't get the whole no citizen should have a gun. Do they really think that will be the ONE law BG's would choose to follow? Just ridiculous!
    "rev" ra-sheen brown...she be shuckin' and jivin' with revrum jessie ******* when he "marches" on gun stores I'd wager.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Quote Originally Posted by customcreationllc View Post
    city ordinance to require city gun owners to conceal their weapons was passed

Required?
    A quote by a misinformed reporter. I saw the proposed change in writing. The only change to this ordinance is the removal of the word pistol and the section making LEO exempt. Basically brings them into harmony with state laws. When signed you will now be able to carry openly or concealed (the old wording basically mandated OC).
    Member:, NRA Patron Life, NSSF, CCDL, CT Carry, MRPC and Bell City
    NRA Certified Instructor, Chief Range Safety Officer - Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety, Metallic Cartridge/Shotgun Shell Reloading - www.ctpistolpermit.com

Quote Originally Posted by brk913 View Post
    A quote by a misinformed reporter. I saw the proposed change in writing. The only change to this ordinance is the removal of the word pistol and the section making LEO exempt. Basically brings them into harmony with state laws. When signed you will now be able to carry openly or concealed (the old wording basically mandated OC).
    We just want the town in line with state law. The benefit with even getting to that point is the fact that more officers know that open carry is indeed legal.

Interesting though...... a friend who knows some board members seemed to know several places I've been in town (OCing, of course) and yet I had no interaction with LEOs. So, obviously if phone calls are made to 911, I wasn't stopped.

Jonathan
    www.ctpistolpermitissues.com - tracking all the local issuing authority, DPS and other insanity with permit issues
    www.ctgunsafety.com - my blog and growing list of links useful to gun owners (especially in Connecticut).

Rich B: My favorite argument against OC being legal in CT is "I have never seen someone OC in CT".
    I have never seen a person drink tea from a coke bottle while standing on their head, that doesn't mean it is illegal.

Gunslinger, I 100% agree with you and disagree with Rev. Brown. Additionally, I enjoy your posts and contribution to the Connecticut forum. That being said I don't believe we need racial undertones in our posts. Ct is a very diverse state, and I personally have several minority friends who have pistol permits and are fighting for 2A rights.

Quote Originally Posted by datank55 View Post
    Gunslinger, I 100% agree with you and disagree with Rev. Brown. Additionally, I enjoy your posts and contribution to the Connecticut forum. That being said I don't believe we need racial undertones in our posts. Ct is a very diverse state, and I personally have several minority friends who have pistol permits and are fighting for 2A rights.
    No racial overtone was implied. Jackson made the quote himself about "shuckin' and jiven' (being) a political force." My post was intended to be humerous, not divisive. If you took it that way, my apoligies. I too have many minority friends who put freedom first.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    No racial overtone was implied. Jackson made the quote himself about "shuckin' and jiven' (being) a political force." My post was intended to be humerous, not divisive. If you took it that way, my apoligies. I too have many minority friends who put freedom first.
    Any gun control laws hit the minorities the hardest ...