• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Britain OC and The New Britain Herald article (and city council info).

BFDMikeCT

I really don't get the whole no citizen should have a gun. Do they really think that will be the ONE law BG's would choose to follow? Just ridiculous!

Gunslinger

I really don't get the whole no citizen should have a gun. Do they really think that will be the ONE law BG's would choose to follow? Just ridiculous!

"rev" ra-sheen brown...she be shuckin' and jivin' with revrum jessie jackass when he "marches" on gun stores I'd wager.

brk913

city ordinance to require city gun owners to conceal their weapons was passed

Required?

A quote by a misinformed reporter. I saw the proposed change in writing. The only change to this ordinance is the removal of the word pistol and the section making LEO exempt. Basically brings them into harmony with state laws. When signed you will now be able to carry openly or concealed (the old wording basically mandated OC).

KIX

A quote by a misinformed reporter. I saw the proposed change in writing. The only change to this ordinance is the removal of the word pistol and the section making LEO exempt. Basically brings them into harmony with state laws. When signed you will now be able to carry openly or concealed (the old wording basically mandated OC).

We just want the town in line with state law. The benefit with even getting to that point is the fact that more officers know that open carry is indeed legal.

Interesting though...... a friend who knows some board members seemed to know several places I've been in town (OCing, of course) and yet I had no interaction with LEOs. So, obviously if phone calls are made to 911, I wasn't stopped.

Jonathan

datank55

Gunslinger, I 100% agree with you and disagree with Rev. Brown. Additionally, I enjoy your posts and contribution to the Connecticut forum. That being said I don't believe we need racial undertones in our posts. Ct is a very diverse state, and I personally have several minority friends who have pistol permits and are fighting for 2A rights.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger, I 100% agree with you and disagree with Rev. Brown. Additionally, I enjoy your posts and contribution to the Connecticut forum. That being said I don't believe we need racial undertones in our posts. Ct is a very diverse state, and I personally have several minority friends who have pistol permits and are fighting for 2A rights.

No racial overtone was implied. Jackson made the quote himself about "shuckin' and jiven' (being) a political force." My post was intended to be humerous, not divisive. If you took it that way, my apoligies. I too have many minority friends who put freedom first.

davidmcbeth

Banned
No racial overtone was implied. Jackson made the quote himself about "shuckin' and jiven' (being) a political force." My post was intended to be humerous, not divisive. If you took it that way, my apoligies. I too have many minority friends who put freedom first.

Any gun control laws hit the minorities the hardest ...