• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Leesburg Premium Outlet Center

Blk97F150

I can't find the thread... but a week or so ago someone was asked to leave the Leesburg Premium Outlets. I had emailed the management requesting their customer use policys, but they siad they couldn't send it to me in that format (not sure why...?). They did advise where the rules were posted, so yesterday I had the opportunity to ride by there and check. I found a copy of the rules inside the Food Court building, mounted next to the set of doors that leads from the Food Court into the main mall area. The 'Rules of Conduct' were printed on standard sized 8 1/2 x 11" paper and used about a #8 pitch font (I'm guessing that was on purpose... make them difficult to notice... then difficult to actually read). I tried to take a pic, but the rules were mounted behind clear plastic that kept putting a bad reflection (of me!! LOL!) in the picture, even if I had the flash turned off.

This is what they said, in part:

SHOPPING CENTER
CODE OF CONDUCT
In order to provide a safe, secure, and pleasant shopping environment, we ask for your cooperation in complying with the following Code of Conduct rules.

The following activities are prohibited at the center:

15. Possession of any article defined as a weapon, whether illegal or not, unless the person possessing such weapon is law enforcement personnel required to carry such a weapon.

17. Taking unauthorized photographs of the Cneter property, storefronts, or other areas and events without the permission of Center Management.

Continued violation of these rules after a verbal warning may result in explusion from the Center.
Repeated violation of these rules may result in banning from the Center.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
It is my personal opinion that places like that want gun owner money.. but they want anti money too.. so they don't want to deal with Open Carry. Dulles town center is the same way. They post at one or two places in micro print so the rent-a-cops can come ask you to leave and quote policy. If you decline they can show you where it was posted and call LEO's to begin the tresspass routine. If you CC and shop, they all get the money and no anti's complain. My 2 cents. (I just don't shop there).. but I am guilty of shopping at the Mall and Costco on rare occasion with similar rules and policies.

nemo

I can't find the thread... but a week or so ago someone was asked to leave the Leesburg Premium Outlets.

Sorry that I missed that thread.

When we lived there, ~10 years ago, I OC'd there all the time. Since we moved away, we have still gone there to shop, though on a decreasing basis. I always OC'd. Never had any issues.

The last time that I was there was ~ five years ago.

Blk97F150

thaJack

It is my personal opinion that places like that want gun owner money.. but they want anti money too.. so they don't want to deal with Open Carry. Dulles town center is the same way. They post at one or two places in micro print so the rent-a-cops can come ask you to leave and quote policy. If you decline they can show you where it was posted and call LEO's to begin the tresspass routine. If you CC and shop, they all get the money and no anti's complain. My 2 cents. (I just don't shop there).. but I am guilty of shopping at the Mall and Costco on rare occasion with similar rules and policies.

You know, Ed, I think that's probably the same idea that Valley View Mall management in Roanoke has. They have legitimate "rules" placards posted, but only at some entrances... about half.