Thread: 3 reported dead in Canadian university shooting, employees of an armored vehicle co.

Herr Heckler Koch

3 reported dead in Canadian university shooting, employees of an armored vehicle co.

I must have read that wrong. I thought it said something about a shooting in a country where they don't have the right to bear arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckdriver1975 View Post
    I must have read that wrong. I thought it said something about a shooting in a country where they don't have the right to bear arms.
    So what exactly are Canada's Gunn laws, summarized of course. I know they are very restrictive but not how. Can a US citizen carry in Canada. I might go fishing in bc next year and am curious.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg30-06 View Post
    Can a US citizen carry in Canada.
    http://www.panda.com/canadaguns/
    ALL handguns are either prohibited or restricted in Canada.

Handguns with a barrel shorter than 105mm (4.14 inches) and/or in caliber .25 or .32 are prohibited in Canada and are illegal to possess in Canada.
    DO NOT EVEN THINK OF ATTEMPTING TO CROSS THE BORDER INTO CANADA WITH A PROHIBITED FIREARM!
    Summarized of course.

Activist Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg30-06 View Post
    So what exactly are Canada's Gunn laws, summarized of course. I know they are very restrictive but not how. Can a US citizen carry in Canada. I might go fishing in bc next year and am curious.
    Under most circumstances you cannot.

You can pay a small fee and some paperwork to temporarily import an unrestricted firearm like a shotgun, but even then I think carry is limited mainly to being out in the wilderness and I think must be unloaded. I think self-defense against wildlife is considered legitimate.

But I'm just going off of memory from something I read a long time ago and might be totally wrong.
    Last edited by Felid`Maximus; 06-15-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    http://www.panda.com/canadaguns/ Summarized of course.
    Thanks for the link. It was a very interesting read. Extremely eye opening and it makes me even more proud to be an American!

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    http://www.panda.com/canadaguns/ Summarized of course.
    Thank you so much for that conspiracy-theory-laden link, Herr Koch...

from that link, and I quote:

Even if abolition of the long-gun registry passes both Houses of Parliament and receives Royal Assent, it will NOT affect the registration requirements for restricted and prohibited firearms.
    Canada has to get permission from the British Crown to change it's firearms laws? No, it couldn't be true! That would mean that the Crown actually has some sort of political power, and isn't just a fancy figurehead. That would mean that Canada isn't actually a sovereign nation, but is, in fact still a Crown Colony. That would mean that everything we've been told by our own schools, government and media about Canada has been a flat-out lie...

Nah, that link MUST be a bunch of made-up, fictional hooey.

I don't believe it for one minute...

I hate to say "I told you so", but, I freaking told you so.

Apologies to me, from anyone who called me a conspiracy theorist over the Canadian Sovereignty issue, are welcome at any time...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

I remember being taught that Canada was NOT sovereign when it came to matters of foreign affairs. Meaning, they did not have the power to declare war on anyone, unless it was to join the UK in a war. As for anything else, it's all Canadian to me, eh?

On topic, it mentions an attack on an armored car. Are the employees also armed? It did not say. I'm guessing not. The armed attacker got four of them, even though apparently he did not get the loot. Maybe the employees also did not have access to it once dropped into a locked box or something. It just sounds like a typical recipe: secure the money; the employees are expendable.
    Last edited by MAC702; 06-16-2012 at 01:13 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Herr Heckler Koch

Update. Edmonton triple-homicide suspect arrested at U.S. border

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...-arrested.html
    Travis Baumgartner, 21, was stopped at the border crossing in Lynden, Wash., near the U.S.-Canada border southwest of Abbotsford, B.C., Edmonton police said Saturday. Border security was alerted when his licence plate was scanned by an automated system and set off an alarm warning officers that he was considered armed and dangerous.

So this was an "inside job".

Of course, the natural instinct for the Canadian government will be to disarm all security guards, so they can't shoot their colleagues during heists...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Basically this is a armed robbery of a armored car that happen to have occurred on a university campus. Not a "U of A shooting" as headlined in the Edmonton Urinal, or the "Canadian university shooting" as reported in the Faux News.

No mention of the complete lack of effectiveness of Canada's draconian anti-liberty firearms regulations and laws.

Sheeze....
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Truckdriver1975 View Post
    Fast & Furious II. Eric....
    I’m proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.