Thread: Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 6/16/12 - 9:30 AM @ River City Diner Parham & I-95

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 6/16/12 - 9:30 AM @ River City Diner Parham & I-95

The Greater Richmond Open Carry Breakfast Marching and Debating Society will hold its weekly gathering at River City Diner at Parham Road at the I-95 interchange.

Bring you spit shield and you blood pressure meds - both are sure to be needed.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Looking at the time I believe I can make it if I leave now - the walk home n the same day would be tough though. Guess I'll drive the truck instead.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Won't make this one, guys.

I'll be there (along with 'mini-me') on Monday probably between 8 & 9 am if any of the regulars are at a loose end that day and feel like joining us (Logan enjoyed an 'Indiana Omelet' last week, ask Courtney she can explain how we came up with that name for it, but it's just a plain omelet, no veggies, no cheese, just the egg) .. have to make a trip to Fredericksburg tomorrow morning, then back over to southside to reload before heading out to Culpeper.

Grandmother-looking lady comes out and sees us discussing and digesting, and comments "Oh, we're safe!" Took her about 5 seconds to understand the "No, you are not. We are." response.

Other than that, it was a quiet morning.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I had planned to come this morning but on the trip, I decided to go swimming instead.

I still need a few more video clips to finish Surry. One is a video of the ferry with the camera half under water...so imagine an elderly but childish man, armed with an underwater camera...videoing the ferry and bridge area in less than warm water..

Two frame grabs.

And just in case you're wondering what the visibility under the James river is......

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    And just in case you're wondering what the visibility under the James river is......
    About the same as a septic tank
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I had planned to come this morning but on the trip, I decided to go swimming instead.

I still need a few more video clips to finish Surry. One is a video of the ferry with the camera half under water...so imagine an elderly but childish man, armed with an underwater camera...videoing the ferry and bridge area in less than warm water..

Two frame grabs.

It's Seel Team Six!

(Please let it be Seel Team Six and not Peter playing submarine!)

If nothing else he is dedicated. Crazy, but dedicated.

stay safe.

PS -

Thank you from te very bottom of my heart for not posting a picture of you in a wet suit!

----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    PS -

Thank you from te very bottom of my heart for not posting a picture of you in a wet suit!
    please don't go giving him any ideas ......................

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    please don't go giving him any ideas ......................
    All right darnit, now who's going to be responsible for this:

Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-17-2012 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

I don't know what the big deal about a wet suit is. It's kinda like a pair of long johns for folks with bladder control problems! It also covers up my farmer tan.

If you all think swimming in a very cold, dirty, James River with "No Trespassing" signs posted on the side of the dock and a guard calling chickens (That's another story and yes, making chicken sounds and yes, I recorded it)....was fun, just wait till you see what I'm doing today!

And just to keep this OC, a Park Ranger dove up and saw the 44 strapped on my camera bag while I was in the water, turned around and went on about his business.
    Last edited by peter nap; 06-17-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

well if you held your finger properly while taking that beautiful 1911 of yours out of your Serpa you wouldn't have shot the screen ...
    Last edited by scouser; 06-17-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: yes, I know that you know how to do it properly

Quote Originally Posted by scouser View Post
    well if you held your finger properly while taking that beautiful 1911 of yours out of your Serpa you wouldn't have shot the screen ...
    Skipped across the river, hit the concrete causeway and came right back at me

Gives new meaning to return fire

I'll give you a little peek into the interesting things I saw/heard, then I have to head out for this evenings fun and games.

http://exposureroom.com/members/pete...a6e0bae36b8ae/