• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 6/16/12 - 9:30 AM @ River City Diner Parham & I-95

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 6/16/12 - 9:30 AM @ River City Diner Parham & I-95

The Greater Richmond Open Carry Breakfast Marching and Debating Society will hold its weekly gathering at River City Diner at Parham Road at the I-95 interchange.

Bring you spit shield and you blood pressure meds - both are sure to be needed.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Looking at the time I believe I can make it if I leave now - the walk home n the same day would be tough though. Guess I'll drive the truck instead.

scouser

I'll be there (along with 'mini-me') on Monday probably between 8 & 9 am if any of the regulars are at a loose end that day and feel like joining us (Logan enjoyed an 'Indiana Omelet' last week, ask Courtney she can explain how we came up with that name for it, but it's just a plain omelet, no veggies, no cheese, just the egg) .. have to make a trip to Fredericksburg tomorrow morning, then back over to southside to reload before heading out to Culpeper.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Grandmother-looking lady comes out and sees us discussing and digesting, and comments "Oh, we're safe!" Took her about 5 seconds to understand the "No, you are not. We are." response.

Other than that, it was a quiet morning.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I had planned to come this morning but on the trip, I decided to go swimming instead.

I still need a few more video clips to finish Surry. One is a video of the ferry with the camera half under water...so imagine an elderly but childish man, armed with an underwater camera...videoing the ferry and bridge area in less than warm water..

Two frame grabs.

vlcsnap-2012-06-16-18h41m42s51.png

vlcsnap-2012-06-16-18h40m28s52.png

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
And just in case you're wondering what the visibility under the James river is......:eek:

vlcsnap-2012-06-16-19h03m33s162.png

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I had planned to come this morning but on the trip, I decided to go swimming instead.

I still need a few more video clips to finish Surry. One is a video of the ferry with the camera half under water...so imagine an elderly but childish man, armed with an underwater camera...videoing the ferry and bridge area in less than warm water..

Two frame grabs.

vlcsnap-2012-06-16-18h41m42s51.png

vlcsnap-2012-06-16-18h40m28s52.png

It's Seel Team Six!

(Please let it be Seel Team Six and not Peter playing submarine!)

If nothing else he is dedicated. Crazy, but dedicated.

stay safe.

PS -

Thank you from te very bottom of my heart for not posting a picture of you in a wet suit!:p

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
All right darnit, now who's going to be responsible for this:

I don't know what the big deal about a wet suit is. It's kinda like a pair of long johns for folks with bladder control problems!:eek: It also covers up my farmer tan.

If you all think swimming in a very cold, dirty, James River with "No Trespassing" signs posted on the side of the dock and a guard calling chickens (That's another story and yes, making chicken sounds and yes, I recorded it)....was fun, just wait till you see what I'm doing today!:banana:

And just to keep this OC, a Park Ranger dove up and saw the 44 strapped on my camera bag while I was in the water, turned around and went on about his business.

Last edited:

scouser

All right darnit, now who's going to be responsible for this:

well if you held your finger properly while taking that beautiful 1911 of yours out of your Serpa you wouldn't have shot the screen ... :banana:

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
well if you held your finger properly while taking that beautiful 1911 of yours out of your Serpa you wouldn't have shot the screen ... :banana:

Skipped across the river, hit the concrete causeway and came right back at me :uhoh:

Gives new meaning to return fire :p

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'll give you a little peek into the interesting things I saw/heard, then I have to head out for this evenings fun and games.:lol:

[video]http://exposureroom.com/members/peternap/5c0f3c11b7af4643b3da6e0bae36b8ae/[/video]