• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One Killed, One Injured During Filming at Gun Range (Colorado Springs)

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Details are really sketchy right now, and all I have on this is the following link to the story just released within the last hour this morning:

http://www.9news.com/news/local/article/272471/346/1-killed-1-injured-during-filming-at-gun-range

Anybody with additional information on this?
What range? Who were the victims? How the accident happened?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

UPDATE: I just learned that the shooting accident happened at Dragonman's range.
Still searching for information on this incident.

Last edited:

Superlite27

The article says one killed, one severely burned in a "filming accident". One would think that, were someone shot, it would read "firearm accident" or "shooting accident".

The only thing that comes to mind since it involved filming and supposed burns (and nothing looks cooler on film than big, huge, fireballs) is......

......Tannerite WHOOPS?

That's my guess, at least. The article doesn't supply much information to do anything else other than guess.

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
Here is another link that seems to indicate that the person killed was the victim of a defective smoke bomb.
Another similar incident on Wednesday sent a woman to the Memorial Hospital, where she was treated and released.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...OOL-?SITE=COCOL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I will be updating info as I find it.

I also have placed a call to the El Paso County Sheriff's Department and left a voice message requesting a callback. The officer was not available when I called, so hope to get more info shortly.

Thanks for your patience.
Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

1supra

It was a 51 year old women who died when some sort of rocket decapitated her. No good. Best wishes to her family.

Bellum_Intus

From KOAA.com

El Paso County Sheriff's deputies say a film crew was shooting a national show when an "unknown ordnance" struck and killed the victim. An ordnance is described as an object fired with gun power.

However, authorities don't believe a firearm was involved.

The death has not yet been ruled an accident.

1supra

I hope it was not Mel's wife..

Love Dragon Man..

--Rob

I think if it was Mel's wife, there would be a lot more deceased...

From KOAA.com

El Paso County Sheriff's deputies say a film crew was shooting a national show when an "unknown ordnance" struck and killed the victim. An ordnance is described as an object fired with gun power.

However, authorities don't believe a firearm was involved.

The death has not yet been ruled an accident.

Now film crew's are launching home-made rockets? :eek:

Bellum_Intus

I think if it was Mel's wife, there would be a lot more deceased...

Now film crew's are launching home-made rockets? :eek:

I hear ya on Mel's wife, I'm sure that would not have gone over well with him.. DragonMans is such a safe range, can't imagine this had anything to do with the staff there.

The scroll from koaa under the today show is reporting the film crew fired a device that decapitated the lady. So no clue...

--Rob

M-Taliesin

Howdy Folks!
I just hope this wasn't the folks from Gunsmoke....
They have a national TV show...
woman of approximate age...
and known for creating exotic weapons.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Bellum_Intus

Howdy Folks!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Fatal_Incident_at_Dragonmans_Shooting_Range__159148005.html

Not many details, but here's a report (video) from last nights news

This report states it was an employee of Dragonmans:
http://www.krdo.com/news/Employee-k...Man-s/-/417220/14866400/-/wj1w53/-/index.html

Last edited:

Bellum_Intus

I will try to get more details tonight.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Cool, I've emailed one of the Colorado Rangers I train with (Paul.. you know him.. :p ).. We've got a class next weekend there and he's pretty close to DM..

--Rob

Last edited:

porterhouse83

Howdy Folks!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Well the folks from gunsmoke are not nice people. You know how close I live to the store and I see how they treat folks and how they treated me. If it was them which I doubt it was im sure the accident was the cause of their arrogant attitudes.

Bellum_Intus

I just got word from the LEO... I will not disclose who the lady was.. but here are more details

--Cut--

A film crew was finishing 8 days of filming a documentary and a special effects smoke pot exploded killing [edit out name ] apparently instantly. No ID on the film company yet. Information is still sketchy. LE was out there late last night and all morning with the investigation.

--cut--

[Edit]
Ok the name has been released, Terry (Mel's wife) was killed in the accident..

http://www.gazette.com/articles/range-140313-shooting-accident.html

http://www.koaa.com/news/dragon-man-s-wife-killed-in-ordnance-mishap/

Last edited: