• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One Killed, One Injured During Filming at Gun Range (Colorado Springs)

1supra

I just got word from the LEO... I will not disclose who the lady was.. but here are more details

--Cut--

A film crew was finishing 8 days of filming a documentary and a special effects smoke pot exploded killing [edit out name ] apparently instantly. No ID on the film company yet. Information is still sketchy. LE was out there late last night and all morning with the investigation.

--cut--

[Edit]
Ok the name has been released, Terry (Mel's wife) was killed in the accident..

http://www.gazette.com/articles/range-140313-shooting-accident.html

http://www.koaa.com/news/dragon-man-s-wife-killed-in-ordnance-mishap/

OMG! It was Terry??!! That's horrible! I bet Mel is a disaster! I can't believe that! Feel worse for his daughters!

Bellum_Intus

OMG! It was Terry??!! That's horrible! I bet Mel is a disaster! I can't believe that! Feel worse for his daughters!

Yeah, bit shocked considering how safe they are out there. I'm wondering if the 'crew' didn't want bigger booms or something..

I feel bad for his daughters as well.. I guess Mel saw the whole thing happen too.. =(

--Rob

1supra

Yeah, bit shocked considering how safe they are out there. I'm wondering if the 'crew' didn't want bigger booms or something..

I feel bad for his daughters as well.. I guess Mel saw the whole thing happen too.. =(

--Rob

From the news article, it sounded like the whole family was out there. I went to high school with his daughters.

Bellum_Intus

From the news article, it sounded like the whole family was out there. I went to high school with his daughters.

Yeah, thats what i've heard too.. *sigh* ..

My condolences to the family, Mel has been such a huge part of Colorado Springs for so long, I feel bad for him and his family. I could not imagine that happening to me, I have no idea how he was able to do an interview today..

--Rob

porterhouse83

Yeah, thats what i've heard too.. *sigh* ..

My condolences to the family, Mel has been such a huge part of Colorado Springs for so long, I feel bad for him and his family. I could not imagine that happening to me, I have no idea how he was able to do an interview today..

--Rob

We are praying for the family. Truly sad situation.

Bellum_Intus

Very sad read...

http://www.koaa.com/news/dragonman-s-wife-killed-in-freak-movie-production-incident/

I can't imagine..

This part disturbs me though..

"It's the first accident at the shooting range in all 31 years of operation. Investigators are determining whether the production company could be held liable for the accident, and whether Bernstein himself could face any charges in the incident that took his wife's life.
Production crews have since returned to California and Dragonman Arms will be open for business on Saturday. Bernstein says the range is safe, and the materials that caused the accident aren't normally present on the property, but were brought in for the purposes of the movie.

A funeral will be held for Flannell on Monday."

They charge Mel, and there will be a LOT of us needing to write letters..

--Rob

Last edited:

porterhouse83

Very sad read...

http://www.koaa.com/news/dragonman-s-wife-killed-in-freak-movie-production-incident/

I can't imagine..

This part disturbs me though..

"It's the first accident at the shooting range in all 31 years of operation. Investigators are determining whether the production company could be held liable for the accident, and whether Bernstein himself could face any charges in the incident that took his wife's life.
Production crews have since returned to California and Dragonman Arms will be open for business on Saturday. Bernstein says the range is safe, and the materials that caused the accident aren't normally present on the property, but were brought in for the purposes of the movie.

A funeral will be held for Flannell on Monday."

They charge Mel, and there will be a LOT of us needing to write letters..

--Rob
I hear ya. I never met the man but his reputation extends pretty far. Good man indeed.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Uggh. "Weaponized smoke-bombs"

Our language is dying at the hands of the unlettered illiterate that suppose the spoken word is somehow more capable. It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words. What then is a video of nonsense worth?

Bellum_Intus

M-Taliesin

I read this, and the comments people are leaving are really ******* me off.. The Blaze DID NOT do a good job actually desribing what happened, rather made it look like Mel wanted to kill his wife.. I am a huge Blaze reader.. this makes me mad..

--Rob

Howdy Folks!
I ain't said much about it, but what really made me cranky about the link was the abject lack of respect, much less sympathy, for the family displayed over there on that site. A really terrific human being lost her life, and her husband is mourning the loss of his life partner, and they use it as another opportunity to stump their political opinion? Really? I mean... I know there are shallow people in this world, but that sort of garbage just takes the cake. Really shows the level quality of some folks when they can't be bothered to express condolences without trying to worm their own small minded, little, insignificant world view onto the funeral pyre of a marvelous woman; they can't show respect for her passing!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited: