Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dude shoots himself in the groin

Dude shoots himself in the groin

http://www.freep.com/article/2012061...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

Enough said. Any guesses as to whether or not he had a holster?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-15-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: choice of verbiage

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012061...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

Enough said. Any guesses as to whether or not he had a holster?
    So much for the GLOCK 'safety'

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    You can't blame the gun or the design if the guy was clearly carrying contrary to that design. You should never carry Glock "Mexican style"

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    You can't blame the gun or the design if the guy was clearly carrying contrary to that design. You should never carry Glock "Mexican style"
    Perhaps GLOCK should be sold with an installed holster.

Shot to the johnson

I wonder if he will get workmans comp ? LOL , what a dummy

Perhaps GLOCK should be sold with an installed holster.
    That would be sweet if they teamed up with RAVEN CONCEALMENT SYSTEMS and a VanGuard2 came with every glock.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

On the contrary; I think the Glock safety worked perfectly, since this guy shouldn't and won't be reproducing from now on.

I think the police should leave the man alone as he got the ULTIMATE punishment he could LOL , the police should know that the news papers will make sure the man is totally humiliated and should not show his face around for a while .

I didn't know that Glocks had a decocker.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

I think there are some people here that meet the very limited description of the person... hope it wasn't one of us!
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    I think there are some people here that meet the very limited description of the person... hope it wasn't one of us!
    Hmmm... someone who works in HVAC, - carries a concealed Glock in 40cal (probably G27)...nope - no one I know from the area fits the ticket.

Looks like we are in the clear ..
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Haha!

Well, one good thing is they are doing amazing things with prosthetics these days. I've seen several online that are even strapped and are removable.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." – William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." – Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

ROFL!!!
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    Haha!
    He didn't even have to pay extra for that feature!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.

I wouldn't make such a broad assumption. I who has been one of the biggest critics of plastic guns as I call them, own a Glock and that trigger isn't that easy to pull in error. There could be more involved like a 3 pound trigger job which many officers have done. To carry any weapon improperly IE in your crotch/waistband is asking for an accidental discharge. I use holsters I don't depend on fate.

Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

I agree, enough of this malicious prosecution. I find it interesting they rarely go after a criminal with such zeal, yet let some poor sap make an error and they pile on when it is obviously unneeded.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelm_ski View Post
    I think the police should leave the man alone as he got the ULTIMATE punishment he could LOL , the police should know that the news papers will make sure the man is totally humiliated and should not show his face around for a while .
    Exo 22:2 "If anyone catches a thief breaking in and hits him so that he dies, he is not guilty of murder.
    Luke 22:36: "Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luk 11:21 "When a strong man, with all his weapons ready, guards his own house, all his belongings are safe.

It is possible to get a shirt stuck in the trigger of a glock while IWBing. Likely, no, but possible if the user isn't careful.

I do IWB my 20, but never ever with a round in the chamber. Empty chamber, trigger down, or no thanks.

Not that loaded glocks can't be IWB'd safely, just that I won't be doing it.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

I often IWB my XDm which doesn't have much more safety than a Glock.

My IWB holster is tight and I don't stick the gun in the holster after it's in my pants. I stick the holstered gun into my pants!

I don't see my shirt getting in it somehow.
    Last edited by TheQ; 06-15-2012 at 07:28 PM.

The XD, in addition to having a much more sensible grip profile to a standard Glock, has a grip safety.

On the one end you have me, unlikely to blow my nuts off, since I make sure my chamber is still cold every time I have to handle my Glock. On the other end of the spectrum you have this poor guy.

What's the right way to do it? Well, that's up to each person who carries to decide. One thing that would be a good start, if someone is unsure, is to avoid AIWB carry, so as to avoid a repeat of this.
    Last edited by Michigander; 06-15-2012 at 09:34 PM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

If you're going to carry a Glock always use a Kydex holster. Side Armor is a nice one. If you pull the trigger it will go bang every time. That's why I carry one. IWB not AIWB, that's just not for me.
    It never ceases to amaze me how many folks spend 600 bucks on a pistol and zero to 19.95 on a crap holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    The XD, in addition to having a much more sensible grip profile to a standard Glock, has a grip safety.
    Allow me to tell you a story.
    Similar thing happened out here. A guy was carrying an XD in his pant pocket. Interesting enough I know. He jumped in his truck, his keys hit the trigger, safety was off, and grip safety was believed to be depressed by his leg somehow. Lodge one deep in his femur.
    Wheels

Hey, I'm not tryin' to say I'd carry a XD differently. Springfield doesn't offer a 10mm XD, so it's a moot point to me.

Has nothing to do with a holster, or lack of, guns are designed to go bang when the trigger is pulled. Unless somebody thinks the pants pulled the trigger, about time for some pants control legislation. I seem to remember a guy shot himself in the leg with one of those plastic 'safe' holsters and is now a famous youtube clip.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

Umm, what?

This guy, being a HCAC tech, carries huge objects in confined spaces. Being in Birmingham, he probably also didn't want to get made, because that would be the sort of thing that would cost him work. Combine all that with a possible tool belt, and apparently not a very well thought out rig, if any, and a Glock, and you're looking at a disaster waiting to happen. If I had to guess, one of his fingers probably found its way to the trigger while he was trying to hastily readjust.

One thing I've heard of is a finger being negligently left on the trigger upon reholstering. Push the gun back into the holster, trigger finger butts into the holster, pulling the trigger, and boom, negligent discharge. I suppose that might be possible too.

AIWB carry is pretty awesome when done right, because it can very well hide handguns. But it must be done only after the most careful consideration and selection of equipment. Otherwise this can happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast