• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dude shoots himself in the groin

Mas49.56

If you're going to carry a Glock always use a Kydex holster. Side Armor is a nice one. If you pull the trigger it will go bang every time. That's why I carry one. IWB not AIWB:eek:, that's just not for me.
It never ceases to amaze me how many folks spend 600 bucks on a pistol and zero to 19.95 on a crap holster.

griffin

The XD, in addition to having a much more sensible grip profile to a standard Glock, has a grip safety.
Allow me to tell you a story.
Similar thing happened out here. A guy was carrying an XD in his pant pocket. Interesting enough I know. He jumped in his truck, his keys hit the trigger, safety was off, and grip safety was believed to be depressed by his leg somehow. Lodge one deep in his femur.
:)

WalkingWolf

Has nothing to do with a holster, or lack of, guns are designed to go bang when the trigger is pulled. Unless somebody thinks the pants pulled the trigger, about time for some pants control legislation. I seem to remember a guy shot himself in the leg with one of those plastic 'safe' holsters and is now a famous youtube clip.

"Stupid is as stupid does"

Michigander

Umm, what?

This guy, being a HCAC tech, carries huge objects in confined spaces. Being in Birmingham, he probably also didn't want to get made, because that would be the sort of thing that would cost him work. Combine all that with a possible tool belt, and apparently not a very well thought out rig, if any, and a Glock, and you're looking at a disaster waiting to happen. If I had to guess, one of his fingers probably found its way to the trigger while he was trying to hastily readjust.

One thing I've heard of is a finger being negligently left on the trigger upon reholstering. Push the gun back into the holster, trigger finger butts into the holster, pulling the trigger, and boom, negligent discharge. I suppose that might be possible too.

AIWB carry is pretty awesome when done right, because it can very well hide handguns. But it must be done only after the most careful consideration and selection of equipment. Otherwise this can happen. :(

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
If you're going to carry a Glock always use a Kydex holster. Side Armor is a nice one. If you pull the trigger it will go bang every time. That's why I carry one. IWB not AIWB:eek:, that's just not for me.
It never ceases to amaze me how many folks spend 600 bucks on a pistol and zero to 19.95 on a crap holster.

When I conceal, I carry my Glock 23 AIWB, round in the chamber; call me foolish.
I do "test" the holster before use, though. I attempt to depress the trigger while the (unloaded) pistol is in the holster before I decide to actually use it, and after some time when the holster seems to expand through use, I start the process over again. In the 10 years of doing this, I've only had one holster that could move the trigger ever so slightly, not enough to fire though. I returned it to the store to get one that fit better... it was a mis-marked size (marked incorrectly on the box); it was one size too large. As long as a person makes sure that the trigger does not move, there shouldn't be a problem. There could be a number of reasons this person's pistol fired, but I don't believe for a minute that it was anything other than being caused by a finger moving the trigger.

NHCGRPR45

[
When I conceal, I carry my Glock 23 AIWB, round in the chamber; call me foolish.
I do "test" the holster before use, though. I attempt to depress the trigger while the (unloaded) pistol is in the holster before I decide to actually use it, and after some time when the holster seems to expand through use, I start the process over again. In the 10 years of doing this, I've only had one holster that could move the trigger ever so slightly, not enough to fire though. I returned it to the store to get one that fit better... it was a mis-marked size (marked incorrectly on the box); it was one size too large. As long as a person makes sure that the trigger does not move, there shouldn't be a problem. There could be a number of reasons this person's pistol fired, but I don't believe for a minute that it was anything other than being caused by a finger moving the trigger.

Agreed.

Also the guys been punished enough already and we seem to love to jump all over someone when something like this happens. The facts are the person has been maimed for life. He was careless and depending on his point of view should feel lucky to be alive. Its also lucky no one else was injured as well.