• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dude shoots himself in the groin

H

Herr Heckler Koch

You can't blame the gun or the design if the guy was clearly carrying contrary to that design. You should never carry Glock "Mexican style"
Perhaps GLOCK should be sold with an installed holster.

michaelm_ski

I think the police should leave the man alone as he got the ULTIMATE punishment he could LOL , the police should know that the news papers will make sure the man is totally humiliated and should not show his face around for a while . :cuss:

griffin

Well, one good thing is they are doing amazing things with prosthetics these days. I've seen several online that are even strapped and are removable.

Bailenforcer

I wouldn't make such a broad assumption. I who has been one of the biggest critics of plastic guns as I call them, own a Glock and that trigger isn't that easy to pull in error. There could be more involved like a 3 pound trigger job which many officers have done. To carry any weapon improperly IE in your crotch/waistband is asking for an accidental discharge. I use holsters I don't depend on fate.

So much for the GLOCK 'safety'

Bailenforcer

I agree, enough of this malicious prosecution. I find it interesting they rarely go after a criminal with such zeal, yet let some poor sap make an error and they pile on when it is obviously unneeded.

I think the police should leave the man alone as he got the ULTIMATE punishment he could LOL , the police should know that the news papers will make sure the man is totally humiliated and should not show his face around for a while . :cuss:

Michigander

It is possible to get a shirt stuck in the trigger of a glock while IWBing. Likely, no, but possible if the user isn't careful.

I do IWB my 20, but never ever with a round in the chamber. Empty chamber, trigger down, or no thanks.

Not that loaded glocks can't be IWB'd safely, just that I won't be doing it.

TheQ

I often IWB my XDm which doesn't have much more safety than a Glock.

My IWB holster is tight and I don't stick the gun in the holster after it's in my pants. I stick the holstered gun into my pants!

I don't see my shirt getting in it somehow.

Last edited:

Michigander

The XD, in addition to having a much more sensible grip profile to a standard Glock, has a grip safety.

On the one end you have me, unlikely to blow my nuts off, since I make sure my chamber is still cold every time I have to handle my Glock. On the other end of the spectrum you have this poor guy.

What's the right way to do it? Well, that's up to each person who carries to decide. One thing that would be a good start, if someone is unsure, is to avoid AIWB carry, so as to avoid a repeat of this.

Last edited: