• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mosa Mosey!

M-Taliesin

Mosa Mosey! UPDATE!!! Photos!

Howdy Folks!
My wife and I are planning to load Gator into the Jeep and head down to Alamosa today to meet up with another OC'er. Guess he's a rarity in them parts.
Anyhow, we hope to visit the Great Sand Dunes and maybe Black Canyon while in the vicinity. I anticipate taking some terrific photos too.

So don't figure to be around much today as we Mosey to Mosa!

Anybody know of others in Alamosa who'd like to meet up with some folks just passing through, drop me a PM here because I can do internet while on the road.

We might even get a little shooting accomplished. Who knows?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

wmodavis

Have Gun Will Travel.
Sounds fun - have a good time.
We'll expect a report in your inimitable fashion.

M-Taliesin

Mosa Mosey! UPDATE!!! Photos!

Howdy Folks!
Our trip to Alamosa was quite an adventure. I believe we put in about 600 to 700 miles on that outing, and met a really excellent young man in LoneEchoWolf. He is older than he appears and a really well mannered young fellow.

We met up at the McDonalds on our arrival in Alamosa and we open carried there, and to a couple of other stops around town. It was his first visit to a Safeway while carrying, and he tagged along with me while I fetched up some vittles for the ride back to Aurora.

Anyhow, he was our companion as we visited the Great Sand Dunes and we enjoyed his company. The only place we were not allowed to carry was at the visitor's center, which actually had a sticker on the door showing a handgun with a red circle/slash through it. First one I've ever seen of that ilk.

Anyways, here are a couple of photos from our outing. The young fellow in the photo is LoneEchoWolf and he gave permission to post his photo here.
I am proud to get to know this lad, and believe the future of OC is secure with a new generation of young folks of this calibur coming along!

20120619_10b.jpg20120619_1b.jpg

Wow... I have more photos, but seem to have run out of room to post them here.
Guess I'll need to figure something out.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

Last edited:

LoneEchoWolf

Hey M just wanted to say thanks again for the awesome time! And thanks for the kind words and chance to keep up with the Big dogs! Owe alot to this forum and all of you from Colorado teaching me something important everyday its a team effort as always! cant wait for the next M&G im able to make. always a pleasure hanging out with you M, Thanks again for everything! Everyone Stay safe and Carry On!

Semper-Fi
~Wolf~

LoneEchoWolf

Oh and now everyone can see what i meant by i look 17 at the most lol. Minor side note i did pick up a level 2 Serpa recently as opposed to that hulk of a holster i got on there.

LoneEchoWolf

GOOD! :)
That thing you had on was HUGE .. heh

--Rob

Yes it sure was, the Serpa is way better i should of just went with it in the first place. I'm normally a Thumb break kinda person but i think the Serpa has won me over, and my hip is thanking me for it. If i don't get a chance to drop a line before your Range day you all Stay Safe out there and have a blast, wish i could make it!