Thread: Action Impact Protest.

Action Impact Protest.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/home/rev-jes...or-joblessness

The "Good" Rev Jackson is getting it wrong again. I wish I would have known to counter his protest.

Posted on MOC's Facebook
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    our friend and MOC member rick ector announced a "flash mob" protest at noon on facebook and twitter
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    our friend and MOC member rick ector announced a "flash mob" protest at noon on facebook and twitter
    Yes, I told Rick about Jesse's gathering and planted the seed that we should have a counter protest. I'm glad Rick is going. I imagine there will be media there and Rick is a good face.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Word from the scene (Source: Rick Ector -- present):

Jesse Jackson didn't show up. There was one anti-gun guy on a megaphone and 2 or 3 other anti-gun people there.

More surprisingly, there was 40-50 pro-gun people present, many of them openly carrying handguns.
    Let's all hist WXYZ's Facebook page and let them know about the failed protest.

https://www.facebook.com/wxyzdetroit
    https://www.facebook.com/wxyzdetroit...50864793261135
    Last edited by TheQ; 06-16-2012 at 01:33 PM.

I went and took my kid. Funny how there were about 3 protesters and no Jesse!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spoonsmademefat.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	8637
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

http://www.freep.com/article/2012061...sey=nav%7Chead

The Free Press Totally forgot to mention the counter-protesters.

I wonder if the protesters know just exactly how idnorant they sound or understand just how lame their leader is? I wish I could been down there to counter protest.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012061...sey=nav%7Chead

The Free Press Totally forgot to mention the counter-protesters.

Guy with the hat- who spit in his latte? Snappy dresser, though.....
    Last edited by Shadow Bear; 06-16-2012 at 11:14 PM.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Banned
    I thought Jesse Jackson was anti racism.

At least one report so far has it right:

"A gun protest outside a Southfield gun store had more gun rights advocates show up than protestors. . . ."

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/06/...hts-advocates/
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    I thought Jesse Jackson was anti racism.
    you said you were going to get you MM card but weren't going to smoke, what happened?
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bear View Post
    Guy with the hat- who spit in his latte? Snappy dresser, though.....
    Okay, Shadow we cannot expect everyone to dress a certain way. The person you speak of served our country honorably, is always at events to support our rights, be it in Pontiac, Birmingham, Royal Oak the list is too long to post. His heart is in the right place, so please cut him some slack. I am still looking forward to seeing you at a OC event so we can swap style notes. Kind regards,

G9OS
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    he remains in the shadows
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by detroit_fan View Post
    you said you were going to get you MM card but weren't going to smoke, what happened?
    I don't think my lungs could handle it anymore.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    I would like to be the first to thank Neil for NOT showing up.

THANK YOU NEIL!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Okay, Shadow we cannot expect everyone to dress a certain way. The person you speak of served our country honorably, is always at events to support our rights, be it in Pontiac, Birmingham, Royal Oak the list is too long to post. His heart is in the right place, so please cut him some slack. I am still looking forward to seeing you at a OC event so we can swap style notes. Kind regards,

G9OS
    Its a joke, for pete's sake. Lighten up...figured since he was hanging with Jesse's crew, he was part of it.
    Last edited by Shadow Bear; 06-18-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Quote Originally Posted by smellslikemichigan View Post
    he remains in the shadows
    Nope- I'm at most every west / southwest side event. See you at the picnic.

Banned
    That guy needs to learn why the 16th amendment was passed .... 'cause blacks were not allowed to have guns is one big reason. And now they are doing to themselves .... but most blacks I have met are already wise to "gov't protect me" attitude.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    that guy needs to learn why the 16th amendment was passed .... 'cause blacks were not allowed to have guns is one big reason. And now they are doing to themselves .... But most blacks i have met are already wise to "gov't protect me" attitude.
    Ummm...LOLWUT?

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.
    Last edited by ManInBlack; 06-18-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar
    Its a joke, for pete's sake. Lighten up...figured since he was hanging with Jesse's crew, he was part of it.
    Thanks for the post, I was not being critical of you, it was hard to tell if you were using humor. Damn words, hard to see a grin via net. Ben is a good guy was my main point.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock9mmOldStyle View Post
    Thanks for the post, I was not being critical of you, it was hard to tell if you were using humor. Damn words, hard to see a grin via net. Ben is a good guy was my main point.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both!
    Although public perception of gun owners is a critical facet in our fight to get our rights back, I realize that there will always be some who don't understand the need for good public relations. It just kills me that the the media focuses (no pun intended) on the 'appearance challenged'. I was embarrassed that anyone might connect my name in the news article on the Con Carry rally in Lansing with guys in the accompanying photos. Fortunately, or, unfortunately, no one I know saw or read the article. They may have seen the pictures, and passed right on by the text. Notice- the did not print photos of the speakers or commentators; who were all dressed 'business casual'.

The media seems to talk to the people who look like professionals, but run the pictures of the most 'casually' dressed individuals.

They, like your friend, may be the nicest, most honorable people in the world, BUT, that doesn't come through the photos they appear in. I'll 'dress for success', and they'll listen to, and print my comments; but they'll always run a photo of someone who's just short one bow tie and a pair of really big shoes of completing the ensemble.

We must always remember- we are appearing in the court of public opinion, and the jury is watching our every move.

When there are cameras going to be present, look your best. Smile. Be approachable. We'll achieve a greater level of credibility with the general populace if we don't look like Larry the Cable Guy, or a gangsta wannabe, or a camo covered militia. Save the camo for the woods. This is the sort of thing that scares the crap out of your average person, and perpetuates the stereotype of the 'gun nut', emphasis on the 'nut'....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dougwg View Post
    I would like to be the first to thank Neil for NOT showing up.

THANK YOU NEIL!

Maybe next time. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Save the camo for the woods. This is the sort of thing that scares the crap out of your average person.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dont-worry-sir-im-from-the-internet.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	8646  
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.