• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Action Impact Protest.

ManInBlack

that guy needs to learn why the 16th amendment was passed .... 'cause blacks were not allowed to have guns is one big reason. And now they are doing to themselves .... But most blacks i have met are already wise to "gov't protect me" attitude.

Ummm...LOLWUT?

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

Last edited:

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Its a joke, for pete's sake. Lighten up...figured since he was hanging with Jesse's crew, he was part of it.

Thanks for the post, I was not being critical of you, it was hard to tell if you were using humor. Damn words, hard to see a grin via net. Ben is a good guy was my main point.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Thanks for the post, I was not being critical of you, it was hard to tell if you were using humor. Damn words, hard to see a grin via net. Ben is a good guy was my main point.

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Although public perception of gun owners is a critical facet in our fight to get our rights back, I realize that there will always be some who don't understand the need for good public relations. It just kills me that the the media focuses (no pun intended) on the 'appearance challenged'. I was embarrassed that anyone might connect my name in the news article on the Con Carry rally in Lansing with guys in the accompanying photos. Fortunately, or, unfortunately, no one I know saw or read the article. They may have seen the pictures, and passed right on by the text. Notice- the did not print photos of the speakers or commentators; who were all dressed 'business casual'.

The media seems to talk to the people who look like professionals, but run the pictures of the most 'casually' dressed individuals.

They, like your friend, may be the nicest, most honorable people in the world, BUT, that doesn't come through the photos they appear in. I'll 'dress for success', and they'll listen to, and print my comments; but they'll always run a photo of someone who's just short one bow tie and a pair of really big shoes of completing the ensemble.

We must always remember- we are appearing in the court of public opinion, and the jury is watching our every move.

When there are cameras going to be present, look your best. Smile. Be approachable. We'll achieve a greater level of credibility with the general populace if we don't look like Larry the Cable Guy, or a gangsta wannabe, or a camo covered militia. Save the camo for the woods. This is the sort of thing that scares the crap out of your average person, and perpetuates the stereotype of the 'gun nut', emphasis on the 'nut'....