Thread: Open carry and Fireworks

Open carry and Fireworks

Maybe someone can help me out. I have been looking over the laws and I cant find anything that says I cant, here is what I plan to do.... My mother is running a fireworks tent and I plan to open carry while I am working it for her. I just wanted to make sure that I was in my rights to OC. Thanks for any assistance and reference! FrostyKRU

Unless you are planning on selling fireworks out of a school building, i think you are safe...

Ha ha! I know right! That and hospitals! I am just concerned about the fireworks aspect of the law. I am not as familiar with those laws. That is all controlled by the fire marshals. Thanks though! And GOOOO CATS!!!!!

Im not aware of any law banning OC at a hospital.

For some reason I was thinking inside a hospital is frowned upon. I looked it up, My mistake.

Also I talked to a firefighter that I know and he is unaware of any laws reguarding this issue as well. I do believe I am in the right! Thanks again everyone!

I am not personally aware of a fireworks law... in a small relevant way that wouldn't be logical. My 9mm basically has 16 jacketed fireworks in the magazine right now..

But if you do find something on it, please share... I would be interested, and enjoy the laugh!
    Last edited by kywildcat581; 06-16-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Activist Member
    There are no laws that state carry inside a hospital is illegal; quite the opposite actually. KRS 237.110 mentions hospitals but it says carrying in a hospital is not considered a criminal offense. If you are asked to leave then you must leave, if you don't leave then you could be arrested for criminal trespass.
    "I never in my life seen a Kentuckian without a gun..."-Andrew Jackson

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."-Patrick Henry; speaking of protecting the rights of an armed citizenry.