• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry and Fireworks

FrostyKRU

Maybe someone can help me out. I have been looking over the laws and I cant find anything that says I cant, here is what I plan to do.... My mother is running a fireworks tent and I plan to open carry while I am working it for her. I just wanted to make sure that I was in my rights to OC. Thanks for any assistance and reference! FrostyKRU

FrostyKRU

Ha ha! I know right! That and hospitals! I am just concerned about the fireworks aspect of the law. I am not as familiar with those laws. That is all controlled by the fire marshals. Thanks though! And GOOOO CATS!!!!!

FrostyKRU

For some reason I was thinking inside a hospital is frowned upon. I looked it up, My mistake.

Also I talked to a firefighter that I know and he is unaware of any laws reguarding this issue as well. I do believe I am in the right! Thanks again everyone!

kywildcat581

I am not personally aware of a fireworks law... in a small relevant way that wouldn't be logical. My 9mm basically has 16 jacketed fireworks in the magazine right now..

But if you do find something on it, please share... I would be interested, and enjoy the laugh!

Last edited:

KYGlockster

Activist Member
There are no laws that state carry inside a hospital is illegal; quite the opposite actually. KRS 237.110 mentions hospitals but it says carrying in a hospital is not considered a criminal offense. If you are asked to leave then you must leave, if you don't leave then you could be arrested for criminal trespass.