• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Last minute shooting trip near idaho springs

nkunnen

Any one wanna join me? Im going to have my daughter so it will be a relaxed trip. Im going to hit up a trail near Idaho Springs tomorrow and look for somewhere to shoot. If you wanna join you will need a 4WD.. pm me if you wanna tag along

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Howdy Amigo!
I'd be there in an Irish minute, if I didn't have to work today.
How about another trip up there soon... with a little prior planning, so I can join up with you!
I'd love that! 4wd, no problem!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin

nkunnen

Not a problem... I will try to plan a week ahead next time. gonna scout out a sweet spot so next time i will know exactly where to go...

cch10000

There is a place over near St Mary's glacier that folks use to shot, you can go in from the Idaho Springs side or St Mary's side but St Mary's is closer and not as much 4WD to get there,

If you're off during the week I'll shot with ya in Franktown in my yard, no 4WD involved with that one

M-Taliesin

There is a place over near St Mary's glacier that folks use to shot, you can go in from the Idaho Springs side or St Mary's side but St Mary's is closer and not as much 4WD to get there,

If you're off during the week I'll shot with ya in Franktown in my yard, no 4WD involved with that one

Howdy Pard!
If Monday or Tuesday qualify... I'd love to take you up on that one!

Blessings
M-Taliesin

cch10000

I'm home monday gonna go fishin tuesday

You will need a 4WD to get up to the shotting areas at St Marys an ATV is even better

If ya wanna shot Monday or any other day that I ain't fishin give me a shout(delted ph#) pm for #

Charlie

Last edited:

nkunnen

Since it was just me and my daughter (who is a excellent shot for being 6 ) I didn't shoot today. I just did a lot of scouting. Not many areas that are not over run by garbage or closed. But i got more areas up my sleeve that i will check out... @ cch10000... I think i know where your talking about. I shot up in that area, but not as far up as I think your talking last week. Can you PM me some better directions to there? 4WD is NOT a problem.. But your yard might be real tempting.. It would have to be on a sunday for me tho..

Last edited: