Thread: CCW question

CCW question

My stepson has a felony on him self but is wife does not, can she get a ccw permit.He has several guns already in his possession.

Herr Heckler Koch
    O.R.C. 2923.13 Having weapons while under disability.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow2004gto View Post
    My stepson has a felony on him self but is wife does not, can she get a ccw permit.He has several guns already in his possession.
    I don't know about Ohio, but most places in the country prohibit convicted felons from possession of firearms. And then there's "Catch-22" to deal with... a convicted felon in possession of a firearm is a felony, which gets one a free trip back to the Iron Bar Hotel. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

It depends. If it was a non-violent felony, he could get his rights restored. Depending on state laws.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk 2

If he can get his rights restored...he better start NOW. Access to firearms by felons is not taken lightly. BTW: This means no range time either,,,

As for weapons..as a convicted felon that has not had his rights restored, he cannot be in possession of any firearms..that is federal law, and I am fairly certain all states follow that same law with their own state laws.

Now, there are several forms of possession...a gun in a house he is the only person there, and it is available to him, even if it is not his....that is called constructive possession..illegal. A gun in a house, and he is the only person there...but he does not have access to that gun (locked in a safe etc that he does not have a key or combo too), that is legal.

A gun in your wife's control (she's clean you say?), not a problem...Can his wife get a Concealed pistol license? in my state she can if she is not a "prohibited" person (felon, mental etc)

Quote Originally Posted by yellow2004gto View Post
    My stepson has a felony on him self but is wife does not, can she get a ccw permit. She has several guns already in her possession.
    Before some LEO tries and track your son down, I fixed your question to what you really meant to say.

O2
    Last edited by O2HeN2; 06-17-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
    They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
    Zero failures comes at infinite cost.

As long as the qualifies as someone who can own/possess firearms, of course she can. However, that doesn't change her husbands status. He still is not allowed to own/possess.

Quote Originally Posted by O2HeN2 View Post
    Before some LEO tries and track your son down, I fixed your question to what you really meant to say.

O2
    I wasn't aware that we had a mind-reader in the forum. Lucky US! Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

Hmmm, a new member posting an obvious question about legal possesion? Troll much?
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Hmmm, a new member posting an obvious question about legal possesion? Troll much?
    Reading prior posts, he has a felony. Now the stepson has a felony? Apple Dumpling Gang, Is that you?
    watch your top knot !

stepson felony

Thanks O2 you could have left it the other way he does not need guns around ,dope smokin alki with 4 year old son running around with no locks on any of the guns.