Thread: Huron County Parks Firearms Rule

Huron County, Michigan

Huron County Parks Firearms Rule

Am I correct that rule #4 (specifically the word "firearm") is not enforceable due to Michigan's preemption?

Rules can be seen online too:
    I'm not a lawyer, psychologist, or LEO. This means, don't rely on my opinion to work for you.
    But I am a railroad conductor.
    “Breathes their a man with a soul so dead, that does not thrill to the sound of a passing train?”

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    You are correct not enforceable. You should contact them via email with the preemption statue.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY"

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Hopefully the OP will also demand Huron County change that park rule/ordinance to comply with MCL 123.1102 if for no other reason than us lowly common folk have to comply with State law .... and so should our municipal government!

Especially since as long as that sign is posted other folks who don't know about the preemption law will believe that sign IS law. And they will obey the sign never realizing an illegal rule/ordinance was just passively enforced as if it were law.

And.... here is what grinds me... those in municipal government who want guns controlled in parks will leave that illegal ordinance on the books.. and the sign up... because they know gun carriers who don't know about the preemption law will....... obey the sign.... and their illegal gun ban will still be in effect.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar
    Troy, Michigan, USA
    they also can't regulate free speech ie profanity
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn