• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Huron County Parks Firearms Rule

TheGrabber

Am I correct that rule #4 (specifically the word "firearm") is not enforceable due to Michigan's preemption?

7382131192_2e253587b2_z.jpg

Rules can be seen online too:

http://www.huroncountyparks.com/Park_Rules.php

B

Bikenut

Hopefully the OP will also demand Huron County change that park rule/ordinance to comply with MCL 123.1102 if for no other reason than us lowly common folk have to comply with State law .... and so should our municipal government!

Especially since as long as that sign is posted other folks who don't know about the preemption law will believe that sign IS law. And they will obey the sign never realizing an illegal rule/ordinance was just passively enforced as if it were law.

And.... here is what grinds me... those in municipal government who want guns controlled in parks will leave that illegal ordinance on the books.. and the sign up... because they know gun carriers who don't know about the preemption law will....... obey the sign.... and their illegal gun ban will still be in effect.