Thread: States to drop conceal permits

States to drop conceal permits

12 states are now dropping their concealed weapons permit requirements.
    Four states Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming already allow residents to carry without a permit. "Our viewpoint is, a good person will always be a good person." "They don't need a license to be a good person." States dropping their requirement to have a concealed weapons permit include, Colorado, Iowa, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota and Virgina.

Any verifiable links to this information?

Maine had a bill for this a couple sessions ago, but it failed in committee. Still working to push the issue though.

Also, South Dakota it passed both houses, but the governor vetoed it.

Oklahoma currently doesn't have any bills in the works to remove our permit requirements to carry concealed (and come 1 Nov it will be required to OC as well. Currently OC is illegal). Next year we might work on pushing a Constitutional Carry type bill, but it will depend on the political environment and what we believe can actually get through. No point in pushing a bill that won't get out of committee to the detriment of a bill that still moves us in the right direction.

State Researcher
    Nothing personal, but a link would be welcomed, especially since it seems there's some question of accuracy of the information you supplied.

Why is this even a thread if there is no cites to something that has been quoted or stated?

I'm guessing the OP meant to type something along the lines of "12 states that have been or are considering bills in current legislative sessions include...". The OP probably saw some recent articles like this:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/...home_multiline

Regardless, in my opinion, most of those states are NOT going to get permitless concealed carry anytime soon. Permitless bills will keep going to the legislature of each state and the politicians will keep blocking them, for the next few years, at least.

Herr Heckler Koch

Wheew! So glad that I noticed this massively misleading post. NO!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magickallife View Post
    12 states are now dropping their concealed weapons permit requirements.
    Four states — Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming — already allow residents to carry without a permit. "Our viewpoint is, a good person will always be a good person." "They don't need a license to be a good person." States dropping their requirement to have a concealed weapons permit include, Colorado, Iowa, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota and Virgina.
    Wisconsin is an open carry state. Concealed carry is illegal (Wisc. Stats. 941.23) without a Concealed Carry License (Wisc. Stats. 175.60). The Wisconsin CCL is seven months old and there is no suggestion that its requirements will be liberalized. If and when the state government flips to the left we will be defending what we have.

South Carolina is firmly in the grip of the national gallus-snappers' organization which business Depends(tm) on the income from mandatory training for CCW. Open carry, except for special purposes like hunting, has always been illegal, and Gun Owners of South Carolina ain't gonna let that change. The primary gun rights advocacy in SC has been stifled by the courts at the behest of Ed Looney of GOSC/NRA.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 06-17-2012 at 06:34 AM.

I'd be nice to NH to drop it since they don't recognize Ohio's permit, can someone get us reciprocity with NH damnit.
    Good or Bad Post it - http://www.FriendOrFoe.us

My hopes were up that a mass outbreak of constitutional carry had infected 12 states. *big sigh*

"Our viewpoint is, a good person will always be a good person." "They don't need a license to be a good person." .
    This is a quote. (See the little quotation marks you have placed before and after the text?) This means the text is copied from spoken words somebody has said.

As written, it appears as if the states you have mentioned have spoken these words. Did these states get together and hold a press conference? What news agency took the quote? Did Iowa get together with Virginia and say, "Hey look, Virginia. This is what I think. Should we get together with a few other like minded states and make a "statement"? How, exactly, does a state speak? I always thought states were simply a land mass enclosed by borders. Evidently, these land masses can now form articulate sentences, because the OP has just quoted them in his post.

Unless an actual person has said this. Actually, a representative of a group. The quote says "Our". Who is this "Our" you quote in your post? As I have said, the only thing the OP has referenced is a bunch of states. Unless the OP can inform us of the process these states use to form coherent sentences, I'll have to assume these spoken words came from a human being.

Now why would someone want to include quotes without attribution? Why would someone post a thread with news of such a LARGE STEP in firearm rights without any citation whatsoever?

.......and, where did he go, BTW?

Last edited by Superlite27; 06-17-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Cool

I see what you did there.

There is your proof of rumor.

the original site i got the info from i cannot find atm i am still searching diligently

Thumbs down

Total and utter failure.

Threads like these ought to be deleted so we don't look so foolish.

Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

the original site i got the info from i cannot find atm i am still searching diligently
    Check your browsing history, although I doubt you'll find what isn't there. If such legislation were truly being passed (especially in my temporary state of SC!) there would be mass pandemonium (mostly by CC instructors!), and I'm pretty sure House Rep. Viers and Senate Rep. Knotts heads would explode.
    Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 06-18-2012 at 07:52 AM.

State Researcher

Magickallife

At this point you would best serve all the readers here by erasing your initial incorrect and misleading post.

It is clear that the articles you linked to DO NOT say the same thing as either the thread title, or the text of your post.

In addition, in most cases the "on the path" language is utter uninformed B.S. on the part of the "reporters".

Magickallife-

Post carefully.

If you see something online with a date more than a week old and it's not already posted on OCDO, BFA or OFCC, it's probably not true.

If you actually saw an item that you cannot now find, that poster probably got the same treatment as you are receiving and deleted his article.

Don't let these guys and gals bother you.

And if you DO find that article, bring it with you to the picnic on the 23rd. Everyone else is invited to the picnic so they can pick on you in person.

------------------------------------------------------------
    What does a caring, sensitive person feel when they are forced to use a handgun to stop a threat?

Recoil.