• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

States to drop conceal permits

Magickallife

12 states are now dropping their concealed weapons permit requirements.
Four states — Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming — already allow residents to carry without a permit. "Our viewpoint is, a good person will always be a good person." "They don't need a license to be a good person." States dropping their requirement to have a concealed weapons permit include, Colorado, Iowa, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota and Virgina.

Aknazer

Oklahoma currently doesn't have any bills in the works to remove our permit requirements to carry concealed (and come 1 Nov it will be required to OC as well. Currently OC is illegal). Next year we might work on pushing a Constitutional Carry type bill, but it will depend on the political environment and what we believe can actually get through. No point in pushing a bill that won't get out of committee to the detriment of a bill that still moves us in the right direction.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Nothing personal, but a link would be welcomed, especially since it seems there's some question of accuracy of the information you supplied.

carsontech

Activist Member
Why is this even a thread if there is no cites to something that has been quoted or stated?

I'm guessing the OP meant to type something along the lines of "12 states that have been or are considering bills in current legislative sessions include...". The OP probably saw some recent articles like this:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-03-05/drivers-license-gun-permits/53391932/1?fb_ref=.T1iiFH_JoQE.like&fb_source=home_multiline

Regardless, in my opinion, most of those states are NOT going to get permitless concealed carry anytime soon. Permitless bills will keep going to the legislature of each state and the politicians will keep blocking them, for the next few years, at least.

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

Wheew! So glad that I noticed this massively misleading post. NO!!!!!

12 states are now dropping their concealed weapons permit requirements.
Four states — Alaska, Arizona, Vermont and Wyoming — already allow residents to carry without a permit. "Our viewpoint is, a good person will always be a good person." "They don't need a license to be a good person." States dropping their requirement to have a concealed weapons permit include, Colorado, Iowa, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota and Virgina.
Wisconsin is an open carry state. Concealed carry is illegal (Wisc. Stats. §941.23) without a Concealed Carry License (Wisc. Stats. §175.60). The Wisconsin CCL is seven months old and there is no suggestion that its requirements will be liberalized. If and when the state government flips to the left we will be defending what we have.

South Carolina is firmly in the grip of the national gallus-snappers' organization which business Depends(tm) on the income from mandatory training for CCW. Open carry, except for special purposes like hunting, has always been illegal, and Gun Owners of South Carolina ain't gonna let that change. The primary gun rights advocacy in SC has been stifled by the courts at the behest of Ed Looney of GOSC/NRA.

Last edited:

ZeroC

I'd be nice to NH to drop it since they don't recognize Ohio's permit, can someone get us reciprocity with NH damnit.

JmE

My hopes were up that a mass outbreak of constitutional carry had infected 12 states. *big sigh*

Superlite27

"Our viewpoint is, a good person will always be a good person." "They don't need a license to be a good person." .

This is a quote. (See the little quotation marks you have placed before and after the text?) This means the text is copied from spoken words somebody has said.

As written, it appears as if the states you have mentioned have spoken these words. Did these states get together and hold a press conference? What news agency took the quote? Did Iowa get together with Virginia and say, "Hey look, Virginia. This is what I think. Should we get together with a few other like minded states and make a "statement"? How, exactly, does a state speak? I always thought states were simply a land mass enclosed by borders. Evidently, these land masses can now form articulate sentences, because the OP has just quoted them in his post.

Unless an actual person has said this. Actually, a representative of a group. The quote says "Our". Who is this "Our" you quote in your post? As I have said, the only thing the OP has referenced is a bunch of states. Unless the OP can inform us of the process these states use to form coherent sentences, I'll have to assume these spoken words came from a human being.

Now why would someone want to include quotes without attribution? Why would someone post a thread with news of such a LARGE STEP in firearm rights without any citation whatsoever?

.......and, where did he go, BTW?

trollface.jpg

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

the original site i got the info from i cannot find atm i am still searching diligently

Check your browsing history, although I doubt you'll find what isn't there. If such legislation were truly being passed (especially in my temporary state of SC!) there would be mass pandemonium (mostly by CC instructors!), and I'm pretty sure House Rep. Viers and Senate Rep. Knotts heads would explode.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Magickallife

At this point you would best serve all the readers here by erasing your initial incorrect and misleading post.

It is clear that the articles you linked to DO NOT say the same thing as either the thread title, or the text of your post.

In addition, in most cases the "on the path" language is utter uninformed B.S. on the part of the "reporters".

MyWifeSaidYes

Magickallife-

Post carefully.

If you see something online with a date more than a week old and it's not already posted on OCDO, BFA or OFCC, it's probably not true.

If you actually saw an item that you cannot now find, that poster probably got the same treatment as you are receiving and deleted his article.

Don't let these guys and gals bother you.

And if you DO find that article, bring it with you to the picnic on the 23rd. Everyone else is invited to the picnic so they can pick on you in person.

:banana: