Thread: Opencarry Cycling

Opencarry Cycling

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
    Patrick Henry - March 23, 1775

Herr Heckler Koch
    Sure. I stopped counting my fitness miles at 40,000 (50 Km everyday), vastly most of them armed. For safety/risk reasons, not unlike what is being discussed in Wisconsin's "Motorcyle OC[sic]", open carry is unnecessary unless required by law. I rode and ride recumbent that obviates holsters on the hip/waist, and so used a chest pack by Action Direct.

I started on a Vanguard by Longbikes' Greg Peek. Lots of folks in the Southeast touring community knew me as "The Republican" because everybody was on my left as I towed a fully loaded BOB on Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia rides. Me and the rig, all up, weighed ~350#. I am not a weight-weenie.

After marriage, we rode a Green Gear/Bike Friday DoubleDay folding tandem recumbent until I strained a knee accelerating the 400# noodle. Then we got Greenspeed trikes with which we are very happy. Mine was destroyed in the 27 April 2011 Ringgold, Ga. tornado event, so I got a Cruzbike Quest-II 20". Just yesterday my Greenspeed hulk went to the bike shoppe so its useable parts could be used to build a new one.

I was active with/on LABreform.org http://labreform.org/who.html and did the bicycle law evaluation for a couple of states.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 06-17-2012 at 07:22 AM.

The only time i don't OC while cycling is when im on my way to work.

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    I rode and ride recumbent that obviates holsters on the hip/waist, and so used a chest pack by Action Direct.
    I ride a Bachetta Strada recumbent with the Euromesh seat. I have found that my Safariland ALS holster locks my gun very securely while carrying on my hip, and have done so for quite some time.

I would however, be interested in seeing the pack by Action Direct that you use. Not sure I am finding it online. Do you have a link?
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by OlGutshotWilly View Post
    I would however, be interested in seeing the pack by Action Direct that you use. Not sure I am finding it online. Do you have a link?
    http://www.activeprogear.com/jogger_holster.html

Campaign Veteran OlGutshotWilly's Avatar
    Thank you sir.
    THE SECOND AMENDMENT: Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Government is not reason; it is not eloquent -- it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
    --George Washington,
    first U.S. president

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    I've been looking for a holster similar to that for walking/jogging. That one is not too bad, but I would prefer one a little smaller, higher on chest and OC.

Am I out of luck or is it this or a full-on molle chest rig? I guess maybe an exposed shoulder holster might work, but I don't want it flopping around while jogging...

I couple years ago there was the perfect one on a website (www.specialforces.com I think) but they had just discontinued it.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorthebusdriver View Post
    I've been looking for a holster similar to that for walking/jogging. That one is not too bad, but I would prefer one a little smaller, higher on chest and OC.

Am I out of luck or is it this or a full-on molle chest rig? I guess maybe an exposed shoulder holster might work, but I don't want it flopping around while jogging...

I couple years ago there was the perfect one on a website (www.specialforces.com I think) but they had just discontinued it.
    http://www.7xleather.com/chest_holster

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    THIS! http://www.survivalsheath.com/holsters/index.htm (click on "Chest Holster") is what I want, but they don't make it for my guns. SA XD-M, Walther PPS, Ruger LCR.

Update: emailed the company, they said they can do to XD-M and LCR now and the PPS soon!
    Last edited by trevorthebusdriver; 06-25-2012 at 09:06 AM.