• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Opencarry Cycling

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Sure. I stopped counting my fitness miles at 40,000 (50 Km everyday), vastly most of them armed. For safety/risk reasons, not unlike what is being discussed in Wisconsin's "Motorcyle OC[sic]", open carry is unnecessary unless required by law. I rode and ride recumbent that obviates holsters on the hip/waist, and so used a chest pack by Action Direct.

I started on a Vanguard by Longbikes' Greg Peek. Lots of folks in the Southeast touring community knew me as "The Republican" because everybody was on my left as I towed a fully loaded BOB on Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia rides. Me and the rig, all up, weighed ~350#. I am not a weight-weenie.

After marriage, we rode a Green Gear/Bike Friday DoubleDay folding tandem recumbent until I strained a knee accelerating the 400# noodle. Then we got Greenspeed trikes with which we are very happy. Mine was destroyed in the 27 April 2011 Ringgold, Ga. tornado event, so I got a Cruzbike Quest-II 20". Just yesterday my Greenspeed hulk went to the bike shoppe so its useable parts could be used to build a new one.

I was active with/on LABreform.org http://labreform.org/who.html and did the bicycle law evaluation for a couple of states.

Last edited:

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
I rode and ride recumbent that obviates holsters on the hip/waist, and so used a chest pack by Action Direct.

I ride a Bachetta Strada recumbent with the Euromesh seat. I have found that my Safariland ALS holster locks my gun very securely while carrying on my hip, and have done so for quite some time.

I would however, be interested in seeing the pack by Action Direct that you use. Not sure I am finding it online. Do you have a link?

trevorthebusdriver

I've been looking for a holster similar to that for walking/jogging. That one is not too bad, but I would prefer one a little smaller, higher on chest and OC.

Am I out of luck or is it this or a full-on molle chest rig? I guess maybe an exposed shoulder holster might work, but I don't want it flopping around while jogging...

I couple years ago there was the perfect one on a website (www.specialforces.com I think) but they had just discontinued it.

BigDeeeeeeee

I've been looking for a holster similar to that for walking/jogging. That one is not too bad, but I would prefer one a little smaller, higher on chest and OC.

Am I out of luck or is it this or a full-on molle chest rig? I guess maybe an exposed shoulder holster might work, but I don't want it flopping around while jogging...

I couple years ago there was the perfect one on a website (www.specialforces.com I think) but they had just discontinued it.
http://www.7xleather.com/chest_holster