Thread: I'm planning a motorcycle ride into Portland from Reno NV area, advice needed, please

I'm planning a motorcycle ride into Portland from Reno NV area, advice needed, please

I drive a sportbike, no saddlebags-maybe I will have a tank bag.
    I have a Nevada ccw, but that's it.
    How do I legally travel in Ore? can I OC while camping?
    Any difference between state & national forest?
    What about hotel rooms?

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chrsjhnsn View Post
    I drive a sportbike, no saddlebags-maybe I will have a tank bag.
    I have a Nevada ccw, but that's it.
    How do I legally travel in Ore? can I OC while camping?
    Any difference between state & national forest?
    What about hotel rooms?
    You can loaded OC on your bike up until you reach any of the cities on this list. You can loaded OC while camping, you can loaded OC in state and national forests. Hotel rooms are private property, so theoretically you could be asked to leave for any reason, but outside of that you can loaded OC in hotel rooms.

If you want to OC in any of the ban cities other than Portland, you can unloaded OC with full magazines on your side. Portland has an illegal law (because the state hasn't granted them authority to regulate magazines) that makes unlicensed carry of magazines with any ammo illegal. Your best bet is to lock your firearm in a fully enclosed container while in Portland, but you can unloaded OC with empty magazines or you can unloaded OC with full magazines if you feel like being a test case in court for the legality of the magazine ban.

HTH.

thanks, I assume its a little like Cali in Portland WRT guns, it has to be unloaded and locked up or is it ok to keep it loaded in a locked container?

You might wanna stop off somewhere before the Oregon border and buy some Liberal-off spray.

Grant County, OR, is one of the few counties in Oregon known to do CCW permits for nonresidents. Contact them. A permit from any county will be good throughout the state.
    Last edited by MAC702; 06-23-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip