• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I'm planning a motorcycle ride into Portland from Reno NV area, advice needed, please

chrsjhnsn

I drive a sportbike, no saddlebags-maybe I will have a tank bag.
I have a Nevada ccw, but that's it.
How do I legally travel in Ore? can I OC while camping?
Any difference between state & national forest?
What about hotel rooms?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
I drive a sportbike, no saddlebags-maybe I will have a tank bag.
I have a Nevada ccw, but that's it.
How do I legally travel in Ore? can I OC while camping?
Any difference between state & national forest?
What about hotel rooms?

You can loaded OC on your bike up until you reach any of the cities on this list. You can loaded OC while camping, you can loaded OC in state and national forests. Hotel rooms are private property, so theoretically you could be asked to leave for any reason, but outside of that you can loaded OC in hotel rooms.

If you want to OC in any of the ban cities other than Portland, you can unloaded OC with full magazines on your side. Portland has an illegal law (because the state hasn't granted them authority to regulate magazines) that makes unlicensed carry of magazines with any ammo illegal. Your best bet is to lock your firearm in a fully enclosed container while in Portland, but you can unloaded OC with empty magazines or you can unloaded OC with full magazines if you feel like being a test case in court for the legality of the magazine ban.

HTH.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Grant County, OR, is one of the few counties in Oregon known to do CCW permits for nonresidents. Contact them. A permit from any county will be good throughout the state.

Last edited: