Thread: New carry gun

Cool New carry gun

With open-carry coming up in a few short months, I decided to look for a larger gun. Since I don't have to worry about concealing it, I figure why carry a pocket pistol.

I did my homework, and decided I wanted a Springfield XD-40. I traded out & brought it home today.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 06-26-2012 at 12:25 AM. Reason: limiit emoticons

It is beautiful!! I didn't want to give it back to you lol

Once I get moved back down there I will be carrying A stainless 4006 smith in A galco 3 slot belt holster. Love my 40 cal.
    Attachment 8645
    Last edited by 1911er; 06-18-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: add photo
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

this will be my primary OC weapon

The XDs are nice guns!! My first pistol was an XD-45, 15 or 16? (who can keep track) handguns later it's still one of my favorites...

I got my holsters, and I'm ready. In 136 days, I won't have to hide that baby.
    That will be so much more comfortable than IWB.

Now if we can work on eliminating summer weather all together.... I hate this heat.

And Brandon, my husband wants a 1911. He saw a Ruger at the gun show that he has really taken a liking to. I'm sure it is in our future. Gotta save up the $ first. That costs a little more $ than we can let go of right now.
    I'm sure that him wanting a bigger gun has nothing to do with the fact that I bought this .40 yesterday.
    As he said, he's been out-gunned. (He currently carries a 9mm Ruger P95.)

Finally...

Got to shoot it this past Saturday. Absolutely love it.

I'm trying to save up and buy your friends Glock.

Congrats! My EDC is an XDm-40 and ya, it is a pain to conceal. I look forward to not having to conceal it when I get back.

I still keep it covered, but I'm not trying so hard to keep it from printing nowadays. It is too dang hot out there right now to have something wedged in my waistband. November cannot get here quick enough.

I got the grip extension for it today. After practicing many swear words, I took it and had a much more patient person put it on for me. That little $6 piece totally makes it even better.

I've ordered so much stuff for it, so checking the mail makes me feel like a kid at Christmas.

My brother is letting me borrow his 1911. I got my SDA class done tonight. Going down to get everything straightened up so I can get my license!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Packin' Honey View Post
    I still keep it covered, but I'm not trying so hard to keep it from printing nowadays. It is too dang hot out there right now to have something wedged in my waistband. November cannot get here quick enough.

I got the grip extension for it today. After practicing many swear words, I took it and had a much more patient person put it on for me. That little $6 piece totally makes it even better.

I've ordered so much stuff for it, so checking the mail makes me feel like a kid at Christmas.
    grip extension? Do you have one of the compact models that has the shorter grip or something?

Great choice my EDC is a XD sub-compact .40; and it was the first handgun I purchased for my self (not my first handgun) and I love it! Its full size caliber in a SUB-COMPACT and easy for me to CC but I'm not a woman (less form fitting clothing) let me suggest http://crossbreedholsters.com/ little pricey but awesome CC rig VERY comfortable!

Aknazer, yes my XD-40 is the subcompact. It has two mags, one is a little longer. But for EDC, I use the shorter magazine. The Peace grip extension makes all the difference.

Now if all the rest of my "accessories" will come in. *tapping foot & checking my watch*

Pistol Packin' Honey? *rubs chin*

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

just curious what did you order for it??