• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New carry gun

Pistol Packin' Honey

With open-carry coming up in a few short months, I decided to look for a larger gun. Since I don't have to worry about concealing it, I figure why carry a pocket pistol.

I did my homework, and decided I wanted a Springfield XD-40. I traded out & brought it home today.
:banana::lol::banana::lol::banana:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandon Harwell

this will be my primary OC weapon
108282_01_md.jpg

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
The XDs are nice guns!! My first pistol was an XD-45, 15 or 16? (who can keep track) handguns later it's still one of my favorites...

Pistol Packin' Honey

I got my holsters, and I'm ready. In 136 days, I won't have to hide that baby.
That will be so much more comfortable than IWB.

Now if we can work on eliminating summer weather all together.... I hate this heat.

And Brandon, my husband wants a 1911. He saw a Ruger at the gun show that he has really taken a liking to. I'm sure it is in our future. Gotta save up the $ first. That costs a little more $ than we can let go of right now.
I'm sure that him wanting a bigger gun has nothing to do with the fact that I bought this .40 yesterday.
As he said, he's been out-gunned. (He currently carries a 9mm Ruger P95.)

Aknazer

Congrats! My EDC is an XDm-40 and ya, it is a pain to conceal. I look forward to not having to conceal it when I get back.

Pistol Packin' Honey

I still keep it covered, but I'm not trying so hard to keep it from printing nowadays. It is too dang hot out there right now to have something wedged in my waistband. November cannot get here quick enough.

I got the grip extension for it today. After practicing many swear words, I took it and had a much more patient person put it on for me. That little $6 piece totally makes it even better.

I've ordered so much stuff for it, so checking the mail makes me feel like a kid at Christmas.

FireHawk911

My brother is letting me borrow his 1911. I got my SDA class done tonight. Going down to get everything straightened up so I can get my license!!!

Aknazer

I still keep it covered, but I'm not trying so hard to keep it from printing nowadays. It is too dang hot out there right now to have something wedged in my waistband. November cannot get here quick enough.

I got the grip extension for it today. After practicing many swear words, I took it and had a much more patient person put it on for me. That little $6 piece totally makes it even better.

I've ordered so much stuff for it, so checking the mail makes me feel like a kid at Christmas.

grip extension? Do you have one of the compact models that has the shorter grip or something?

raven81686

Great choice my EDC is a XD sub-compact .40; and it was the first handgun I purchased for my self (not my first handgun) and I love it! Its full size caliber in a SUB-COMPACT and easy for me to CC but I'm not a woman (less form fitting clothing) let me suggest http://crossbreedholsters.com/ little pricey but awesome CC rig VERY comfortable!

Pistol Packin' Honey

Aknazer, yes my XD-40 is the subcompact. It has two mags, one is a little longer. But for EDC, I use the shorter magazine. The Peace grip extension makes all the difference.

Now if all the rest of my "accessories" will come in. *tapping foot & checking my watch*