• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Request to members here

mobiushky

Well I got my wife the bug. She's more interested in shooting than ever. She's even mentioned shooting an "arsenal." She's going to be getting her own personal concealed carry handgun in the next year. But, she's a hands on person. She's to try before you buy type. On top of that, she now wants to get a shotgun and even a rifle later. I'm not a big rifle guy, even though I pretty much like all guns. So, here's my point. I'd like to give her the chance to shoot as much variety over the next year to see what she prefers. For a personal carry it will be a polymer framed 9mm. She's already decided that part, but she's only shot Glock and she'd like to try others.

If any one is willing, we'd love to meet at a range or something and swap rides if you will. I don't have much just a Glock 19, but you're more than welcome to shoot it. Just want to be able to show her as much as possible over the next year. Any takers?

Bellum_Intus

If any one is willing, we'd love to meet at a range or something and swap rides if you will. I don't have much just a Glock 19, but you're more than welcome to shoot it. Just want to be able to show her as much as possible over the next year. Any takers?

I've got a few, and a range out back.. I've got some time on the 24th if you want to head out.

--Rob

cch10000

I've got pistols, rifles, shotguns and muzzleloaders of every make model and calibre you could ever shot, just let me know when you want to burn some powder

Love to let new folks experience new guns or old folks like me for that matter

CH

kingofbattle

Well I got my wife the bug. She's more interested in shooting than ever. She's even mentioned shooting an "arsenal." She's going to be getting her own personal concealed carry handgun in the next year. But, she's a hands on person. She's to try before you buy type. On top of that, she now wants to get a shotgun and even a rifle later. I'm not a big rifle guy, even though I pretty much like all guns. So, here's my point. I'd like to give her the chance to shoot as much variety over the next year to see what she prefers. For a personal carry it will be a polymer framed 9mm. She's already decided that part, but she's only shot Glock and she'd like to try others.

I got couple of guns you can try out... HK USP 9mm, XD compact .45, Sig 1911, Sig P238 .380, GP 100 .357, ACR 5.56/.223, shotguns 12ga... you just gotta buy the ammo lol

Half Live

I got a S&W M&P9c, Para Ord 1911, AR15 and a Mosin you guys can try out. I'm open most weekends. Let me know what suits you, I really need to go out shooting again soon.

PikesPeakMtnMan

Sounds like you have plenty of offers already but I'll still throw this out there....the class that my g/f and I went thru for our CHPs did offer at the range the opportunity to shoot a bunch of different guns....big and small (caliber and physical size), rifles and handguns, shotguns, a muzzleloader....revolvers and semi-autos. Paradise Sales is the name of the place and everyone who works there is fantastic. It was a simple "enhanced" NRA Basic Pistol course but definitely a quality class, and prices are right in line with other similar classes.

mobiushky

I got couple of guns you can try out... HK USP 9mm, XD compact .45, Sig 1911, Sig P238 .380, GP 100 .357, ACR 5.56/.223, shotguns 12ga... you just gotta buy the ammo lol

I don't mind buying ammo. I think of it as an investment. Would you be willing to meet at one of the forum members home/ranges? Rob in Rush seems pretty close to you if you are in fountain. Let me know.

mobiushky

I got a S&W M&P9c, Para Ord 1911, AR15 and a Mosin you guys can try out. I'm open most weekends. Let me know what suits you, I really need to go out shooting again soon.

That awesome! I really want to try the M&P9c myself, and I know that's one of the ones she's been looking at. Same question I asked kingofbattle. Would you be willing to meet at one of the forum members ranges? Or do you have a preferred spot? The closest outdoor range to me is the one between pine and deckers. We're swamped this weekend, but I have next friday off.

kingofbattle

I don't mind buying ammo. I think of it as an investment. Would you be willing to meet at one of the forum members home/ranges? Rob in Rush seems pretty close to you if you are in fountain. Let me know.

I can meet you at Rob's place/range. I'm free anytime. You guys just let me know when.

mobiushky

I've got pistols, rifles, shotguns and muzzleloaders of every make model and calibre you could ever shot, just let me know when you want to burn some powder

Love to let new folks experience new guns or old folks like me for that matter

CH

The 29th is actually my next day off during the week. If nothing else is happening that day, would that work? Probably before noon as my wife has a doc apt at 3pm that day.

She's already shot a full auto M4 now! LOL, took me 40 yrs to get to do that.

mobiushky

I can meet you at Rob's place/range. I'm free anytime. You guys just let me know when.

OK, I'm trying to make Sunday the 24th work for us. We'd have to plan to go after lunch, so it would be closer to 2pm or so before we could get out there. Still need to make sure she hasn't planned anything on me. but it's looking clear for now. does that work?

As for what we're looking for. She's only interested in 9mm pistol and 12GA shotgun right now. I'd like to try the XD compact, myself. So if I pick up some .45, 12GA and a few extra 9mm rounds will that work? Whatever we don't shoot is yours to keep (except the 9mm cause I'll use that...LOL!)

kingofbattle

:shocker::banana::eek::monkey <-- all these were used due to no drool face lol.

I would love to come out at shoot again. Don't think I will have anything going on.

lol... you can shoot it too, just gotta buy the ammo lol... might want to ask Rob, since it's his house/range lol..

mobiushky

I've got a few, and a range out back.. I've got some time on the 24th if you want to head out.

--Rob

Looks like I'm turning this into an inadvertent M&G at your house... Sorry about that! LOL. I'm still good for the 24th after noon. I just need to get the thumbs up from the wife. She said ok once, but she's in a spot right now where she can forget or not realize what she's agreeing to. I'll explain later, but for now we'll plan to make the trip Sunday afternoon. You guys are awesome really! Thanks for doing this.

person DJ

What a great Org.

just a simple request and so many steping forward to help. It's wonderful, a beautiful thing to see in this world today. I am happy this day.